Potential New A4

purplesunset

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to the forum seems like an active forum. I am currently going through the process of ordering my first brand new car which is the A4 40 tfsi black edition.

As its my first audi it's also my first actual brand new car so feel like a bit of a beginner. What are the pitfalls with servicing, warranty MOT etc? I'm aware it won't require an MOT for 3 years, however, how will the servicing impact warranty? Is extended warranty worth it? Are the service packages worth it? Can servicing be done independently without voiding anything ?

I will probably commute around 15k miles a year, but maybe 10k miles on a quiet year.

I have come from a very boring, but still extremely reliable Ford Mondeo which I have had for 7 years now so this change may be a culture shock :).

In my crazy thought process, it's now or never for owning a "fast"ish petrol car.. New... before petrol and diesel is banned or priced off the roads. Plus I've always wanted one ha

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, it's a bit quieter around here these days but you'll still find plenty of useful information in these forums. When you get the car, don't forget to post pics.

Are you planning on keeping the car for a while? If so, service plans and extended warranty could prove good value. A fairly frequent issue on the A4 has been thermostatic valves and sometimes water pumps as well. It's possible these parts have been improved over the model lifecycle but if/when things need replacing things get expensive fairly rapidly so extended warranty would be nice peace of mind in my opinion.

I'm at nearly 7 years of ownership of my A4 and despite a few things now needing attention I'm still more than pleased with it can't find anything else I'd rather have right now. Hopefully you'll enjoy yours just as much.

Hi & welcome to the forum.

I purchased a new A4 40 B9.5 black edition ten months ago and have been really pleased with it so far although I haven’t done a lot of mileage. (3k)

I would say the car is a strong all-rounder and coming from 20 years of BMW ownership that’s a compliment!!!

I did purchase the 3 year service pack as I generally keep my cars for 3 years which should save a few £’s

My biggest issue is the lack of storage space therefore I wish I had included the optional extended storage pack.

Mods

I like to keep my cars as OEM as possible so have only completed a few minor mods:

Front & Rear dash cam

Genuine interior carbon trim

Wireless phone charger under the armrest

Armrest tray

Enjoy your new car.