Headlight Removal

B

Boydie

Hey Guys

I have a really bad steamy drivers headlight and I am at the end of my wits trying to solve this problem! I am going to tackle the job myself so I am just wandering if anyone knows where all the screws are to remove the headlight?

Is it a bumper removal job? (hope not!)

Also, has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

I'm afraid it is a bumper removal job.

Here is a link showing how to remove the actual headlights. If you want me to make a similar PDF for the bumper removal, let me know.

remove headlights

It's easier not to try and remove the whole bumper, just pull it forward. It's pretty easy to do when you know where all the screws are.

3 star screws in each arch.
2 stars under the bumper on each side below the fog lights.
1 funny clip just inside the back end of the bumper, at the top in the arch
1 10mm bolt on each side in the bumper. You have to put you arm inside from the arch.
3 star screws on the top side of the bumper where the bonnet front sits

My pleasure dude!

I was doing it blind so the first change over took about 2 hours, the second literally 20 minutes! That's bumper off, swap lights, bumper on. Easy when you know how lol

Don't know if it'll work the same on the A3's, but on the Mk4 Ibizas, which all suffered really badly from condensation and misting, the 'solution' was to drill a small hole in the removable plastic cover on the rear of headlights, and put a small rubber grommet in them, so water couldn't get in, but allowed enough air in to keep them clear.

I was told the same thing another time but when its wet or raining the light really mists up like there is a small leak :(