USB power

Revulike

Reaction score
Anyone know how long / when the front USB ports are powered?
I want to attach a dash cam, but don’t want it draining the battery.

Great, thank you.
There seemed to be a time period after switching the ignition off, when the MMI etc stayed on, perhaps if the car was still occupied?

Great, thank you.
There seemed to be a time period after switching the ignition off, when the MMI etc stayed on, perhaps if the car was still occupied?
Always takes a little while for the system to shutdown

From my experience once the car is unlocked, and maybe once the door is open, the USB power comes on (I only know as my other half was desperate to charge her phone once), and I did not even press any ignition or anything or got into the car yet. I can only speculate the usb power is cut once the door is locked (or when the coming home lights go out). Saying that, I connect my dash cam to the 12V, and that one is cut the min the ignition is off. My car has 2 x USB C. USB power is around 2.1A (measured with USB tester) or around 10 watts.

What happens if you have the phone on the wireless charger but also have the phone plugged into the ports for say audio? Wouldn’t want it to blow up as it will be charging wireless and via the cable lol?