Blueflame exhaust fitting. HELP!

joshW

Reaction score
I have received my blueflame catback exhaust, and was just ready to start fitting it when i realised that i only have a clamp for either sides of the axle pipe, but i also have a reducer which to seems like it needs a clamp although ive rung a blueflame suplier and they said it only comes with two clamps.
this is the part that has no clamp:
SP_A0021.jpg

has anyone fitted an exhaust similar and know what im supposed to do?

cheers,
josh

Thats correct isnt it?

the middle section is in the middle, then the pipe you see connects to bendy pipe which connects to the rear silencer?

Those sticky out pins go into weird exhaust mounts which are located beneath a mini subframe in the middle of the car.

the part in the pic is where it connects to the cat. if you look on the end where you can see the clamp, that is a seperate peice that is just slotted into the exhaust but has no clamp on it.

josh

Right, this is the exhaust, and the part that im on about is at the top....

SP_A0022.jpg

and here is a close up of the reducer removed from the exhaust which has no clamp...

SP_A0023.jpg

you understand?

So, you have the mid section and a reducer, and you only have one clamp, which is from reducer to standard cat?

And you need a new clamp for the reducer section?

Seems like it isnt such a mystery?

Buy one........

Halfords do a WIDE range of standard exhaust clamps, but that clamp on the reducer section is called a mikalor clamp and is FAR superior to standard exhaust clamps, so I'd find somewhere that does them, and replace your entire exhausts worth with Mikalors.

Thats what im saying, because a blueflame supplier sid that it only comes with two clamps (one short) which seems odd. oh well will just have to go and buy one. cheers for the help mate!

josh

My bluflame system didnt come with reducer? but mine was ment to be a MK4 golf GTI fitment?

yes so is mine. mine is 2.5" and old cat back is 2" so how did you connect it?

Ah right, well a reducer came with mine, and my mechanic mate is doing it with me tomorow, and im picking up a milltek downpipe and sports cat on the weekend:)

josh