Interior mods

ash-rs3

Reaction score
I’ve just finished adding a few bits to the interior of my Vorsprung.
Alcantata flat bottom steering wheel
Genuine RS floor mats with red trim
Replacement air vents with red detail

I’m pleased with it, wondering wether to replace the seatbelts for ones with a red edging too.
Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 3702FFC4-E5CE-48E4-A188-E1C42190E864.jpeg
    3702FFC4-E5CE-48E4-A188-E1C42190E864.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 136
  • 29298A4C-4B6E-40AC-9FE2-195724643FD5.jpeg
    29298A4C-4B6E-40AC-9FE2-195724643FD5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
Reactions: RS03???, Kevmoz, WilsonRS and 3 others

I’m pleased with it, wondering wether to replace the seatbelts for ones with a red edging too.
Thanks for looking

Looks good. How is the wheel working with all of the adaptive cruise, lane assist etc? I understood one of those systems was the reason it couldn’t be flat bottom to begin with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. How is the wheel working with all of the adaptive cruise, lane assist etc? I understood one of those systems was the reason it couldn’t be flat bottom to begin with

Thanks Gareth, the car functions exactly as it did before, adaptive cruise and lane assist remain fully functional. The only ‘feature’ lost is the warning when you take your hands off the wheel for more than ten seconds when using cruise control which is completely pointless imo. Anyone removing both hands from the wheel for that long needs their head looking at!

Reactions: garethdj and Daggerit
Thanks Gareth, the car functions exactly as it did before, adaptive cruise and lane assist remain fully functional. The only ‘feature’ lost is the warning when you take your hands off the wheel for more than ten seconds when using cruise control which is completely pointless imo. Anyone removing both hands from the wheel for that long needs their head looking at!

Good to know! I think I’ll probably just end up getting mine retrimmed. Don’t actually mind the circle wheel albeit would prefer the flat bottom.

Reactions: Daggerit
Good to know! I think I’ll probably just end up getting mine retrimmed. Don’t actually mind the circle wheel albeit would prefer the flat bottom.

I’m the same. Prefer the look of the flat bottom but in reality I really don’t mind using the round wheel at all. And it’s actually the same size too, despite looking bigger.

Reactions: garethdj
I’m the same. Prefer the look of the flat bottom but in reality I really don’t mind using the round wheel at all. And it’s actually the same size too, despite looking bigger.

Exactly. People saying it looks like a bus wheel… no bigger than Porsche wheels and no one complains about them, just that it’s the same wheel you can get in a basic A3 is the issue for me

Thanks for looking

Looks good, and as it should have come. Could go red belts as some others have done

Exactly. People saying it looks like a bus wheel… no bigger than Porsche wheels and no one complains about them, just that it’s the same wheel you can get in a basic A3 is the issue for me

Yeah, just something slightly different would do me fine. I like the leather and don’t mind the roundness but a red 12 o’clock stripe or something would be good.

Trouble is the Porsche wheels look fine.

The Audi round wheel is too generic to other models, and that airbag is yuk.

Trouble is the Porsche wheels look fine.

The Audi round wheel is too generic to other models, and that airbag is yuk.

Yeah I agree it should look different to a bogo A3, don’t mind the airbag, I’d still rather choose the round wheel over the flat bottom. The flat bottom one in the RS3 looks like the A3 wheel so makes it feel outdated to me. Would rather have the new style airbag. I’ll get it trimmed at some point, black alcantara and green stitching with a centre stripe.

Usually can’t hang onto a car for 2 mins but the way interest rates are and rising prices just doesn’t make sense to jump out of the 8Y for me so think I’ll pacify myself with mods.

My 8v was mint, front end painted, dechromed, paint correction and ceramic coat, factory spec was through the roof, Revo stage one, springs, spacers. Owned the car for 9 months, did all that in the space of 3 then sold it because prices went mental. Really regret it! Oh and bought a forge hard pipe and turbo elbow but didn’t fit them!

Yeah I agree it should look different to a bogo A3, don’t mind the airbag, I’d still rather choose the round wheel over the flat bottom. The flat bottom one in the RS3 looks like the A3 wheel so makes it feel outdated to me. Would rather have the new style airbag. I’ll get it trimmed at some point, black alcantara and green stitching with a centre stripe.

Usually can’t hang onto a car for 2 mins but the way interest rates are and rising prices just doesn’t make sense to jump out of the 8Y for me so think I’ll pacify myself with mods.

My 8v was mint, front end painted, dechromed, paint correction and ceramic coat, factory spec was through the roof, Revo stage one, springs, spacers. Owned the car for 9 months, did all that in the space of 3 then sold it because prices went mental. Really regret it! Oh and bought a forge hard pipe and turbo elbow but didn’t fit them!

If you can be bothered, the Forge elbow and hard pipe will fit the 8Y.

If you can be bothered, the Forge elbow and hard pipe will fit the 8Y.

Sold it straight after the car went!