Single Din Ashtray in Facelift

Jay-Dee

Reaction score
Anyone fitted an early ashtray and storage tray from a single din model to a facelift 8p? Does it fit? Do you have to do any modifications to the centre console? Can you use it or is the gap to tight?

Well I plan on changing mine to the facelift ashtray delete and that’s a straight forward swap I believe so reverse should work the same surely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jay-Dee
The ashtray fits as it's the same on all 8p's, but the double din has a different trim that sits on the rear of the ashtray where the longer rubber trim is currently in your pics, basically it hides a small gap between tray & bottom of climate to stop things slipping through.

Reactions: ch1z64
The ashtray fits as it's the same on all 8p's, but the double din has a different trim that sits on the rear of the ashtray where the longer rubber trim is currently in your pics, basically it hides a small gap between tray & bottom of climate to stop things slipping through.
That is exactly what I was / am hoping for... I just want a little more room to slide my phone on but not wanting to do the full ashtray delete in an ideal world

You can't fit that trim when double din, just do the delete, it's cheap enough.

That is exactly what I was / am hoping for... I just want a little more room to slide my phone on but not wanting to do the full ashtray delete in an ideal world

They do a wireless charging tray that sits in place of a delete smaller cubby

@curtis92 I know of this one...

Any others?

That’s the one mate, much smaller space compared to a facelift, I’m on the fence bigger space for work but wireless charging maybe thin out the bottom and put one underneath on the pfl with ashtray

That’s the one mate, much smaller space compared to a facelift, I’m on the fence bigger space for work but wireless charging maybe thin out the bottom and put one underneath on the pfl with ashtray

Having a facelift model, it is a drop in replacement and I get more space... Just drop the ashtray. I am just waiting for them to confirm shipping questions and then will most likely order it. I am retrofitting the card holder draw thing, so will move the coins and remote currently stored in the ashtray there

Having a facelift model, it is a drop in replacement and I get more space... Just drop the ashtray. I am just waiting for them to confirm shipping questions and then will most likely order it. I am retrofitting the card holder draw thing, so will move the coins and remote currently stored in the ashtray there

That’s not a bad idea tbf my old audi had card tray I miss it over a cup holder lol

I went with the Inbay option and am extremely happy with the end result. Quality is top notch and the fit is perfect.

While it is not the cheapest, I can see where the money has gone

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 59
Reactions: samisnake
Price is a bit painful. Waiting on the Chinese to be ‘insipired’ by it.
does look amazing though

Price is a bit painful. Waiting on the Chinese to be ‘insipired’ by it.
does look amazing though
Can't argue there... I just figured that if they had not done it by now for a model of this age, it was not going to happen.

Having just bought the car recently and changed to an Andriod / Car Play head unit... I figured get it now rather and enjoy / use it that wait a few years only to find Inbay stop making them too

Can't argue there... I just figured that if they had not done it by now for a model of this age, it was not going to happen.

Having just bought the car recently and changed to an Andriod / Car Play head unit... I figured get it now rather and enjoy / use it that wait a few years only to find Inbay stop making them too

literally just ordered the storage tray ashtray delete and am gonna try and do something along the idea of this guy

around £23 for the storage, then about £10 for the qi charger. wont be as nice as the inbay one but itll be a lot cheaper

literally just ordered the storage tray ashtray delete and am gonna try and do something along the idea of this guy

around £23 for the storage, then about £10 for the qi charger. wont be as nice as the inbay one but itll be a lot cheaper
Sadly in South Africa we never had this option... I looked at them on eBay and doing the same but the import duties and shipping costs made it only fractionally cheaper.

Should work perfectly... Good luck with the install