Q3 Crash Sensor Drivers side - Open Circuit/ Short Circuit to B+

sandeep67

Reaction score
A bit stumped but I got a safety system warning on my Q3 and it was going in for SOS & MMI update to remove the annoying warnings that kept popping up randomly. Anyway Audi have said the front crash sensor has malfunctioned and came with a "Crash sensor for front airbag, drivers side" warning with info saying Open Circuit/Short circuit to B+.

No idea what this means but would appreciate any help if anyone understands all this and can help with a solution. Audi says its an easy fit but still want £152, so inclined to DIY. Ive seen the location and easy to get but not sure if I will pop an airbag

Attachments

• Sensor.jpg
    Sensor.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 159
Did you change the grill at all?

Did you change the grill at all?
Car was a accident repair. Dont think Sensors were changed when I looked closely as dusty but car ran fine for a month since purchasd then warning light popped up. Checked wires seem intact. The Open circuit worries me more than sensor but hope it combo of both. I just need the confidence to be able to change it but too sure what to do or what procedure to follow. Looks like wires insulation around the two wire have been exposed as drivers side id insulated right up to connector.

Attachments

• Sensor1.jpg
    Sensor1.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 122
Swap sides see if it moves or stays as they're usually identical for drivers, passenger.

Then get someone else to do it

Right...watched a few Videos and didn't realize how easy this is to swap over. Audi wanted £120 to investigate and £352 to supply and fix it and it was just one screw. Unbelievable rip off by Audi. All in all cost me £30 pfffft