2.5TDI V6 Quantity Adjuster fault 01268

richdcoll

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just bought an Audi Allroad with the 2.5TDI V6, which has had a failed Fuel Injection pump. Apparently it's been fixed for the princely sum of £350.

Now the original Fuel Pump DTC has gone, the previous owner said there is a 01268 - Quantity Adjuster fault code displaying.

Does anyone have any information regarding the process of timing this fuel pump, and the procedure using VCDS after it's been replaced? I've read this is necessary, but I haven't found anything to read about the process.

I originally bought the Allroad (arriving Tuesday), and then found a fairly low mileage A6 Avant Quattro Sport 3 miles down the road with a brand new fuel injection pump! The price was spares or repairs, and considerably less than the cost of the pump, so I bought it. I'm torn now as I really like the A6 Avant and would like it as my daily. So I might look at repairing the Allroad pump instead of pillaging it from the A6.

I've read that aadams24 is a guru with these V6 lumps. Would love your input so I can get cracking on Tuesday when it arrives.

It's a brave new world compared to my experience of the PD130 engines!!!