SQ5 Standard Diesel or Premium (V-Power) for 2020 SQ5

Leebroath

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Do you all use standard Diesel in your SQ5 motors, or do you pay the extra for the Premium?

I'm still getting the slight tinkling noise when accelerating, and thinking of changing to the higher otcane to see if removes this (sh%%) sound

I had absolutely no tinkling noise with the Q5 or A7 and on occasions heards a nice noise when the Turbo kicked in, with the SQ5 I hear nothing like this :(

Used to get that tinkling noise in my S5 but for whatever reason it seems to have stopped as I haven’t noticed for a while now.

Usually use Tescos finest bog standard diesel and it runs fine on that. Cant see any harm in trying a tank of the premium to see if it makes any diff though.

Reactions: Leebroath
Did you do anything to the engine, like clean any injectors or the likes?

Yeh the slight tinkling does sound utter crap, and not what you want to hear from a premium car.. :(

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Do you all use standard Diesel in your SQ5 motors, or do you pay the extra for the Premium?

I'm still getting the slight tinkling noise when accelerating, and thinking of changing to the higher otcane to see if removes this (sh%%) sound

I had absolutely no tinkling noise with the Q5 or A7 and on occasions heards a nice noise when the Turbo kicked in, with the SQ5 I hear nothing like this :(
STD diesel, period. Tried Premium several times but found zero difference in performance and or mpg - its the right foot that does that.
Ours runs on anything we fill it with and no discernable issues at all.

Great car, best AUDI ever in our opinion - the 2017 SQ5 - does everything... :friends:

Reactions: Leebroath
Did you do anything to the engine, like clean any injectors or the likes?

Yeh the slight tinkling does sound utter crap, and not what you want to hear from a premium car.. :(

No apart from an annual oil change nothing at all

Regular diesel for my 2022 SQ5 too. Not even bothered trying premium and not had the 'tinkling' noise either.

On another note, my car is going in for an engine software update (23EI 2022-07-22 W) - anyone have any idea what this will do and will I notice any difference?