Black edition trim

abmat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Any black edition owners noticed the anodising wearing off the metal trim.
This isn’t from washing but just the flow of air over it. I’ve got it in various places all down the sides of the car. Not too impressed for a 18 month old car.

Tried to take a pic as best I could.
IMG 0892

it’s the silver line you can see on th upper edge by the rain gulley.

I'm having a weird spot on my left length, just in the middle, near the B pillar. Looks like a spot, where the black literally dissolved and kinda dripped away, if that makes any sense. I will try to picture it next time I'm in the garage.

Cheers,
G.

I had all my black edition window trims replaced after I bought my car used at 2 years old ! After finding this and going to my local Audi dealership
My Audi dealership didn't know anything about the issue of the window trims or so they say but i always take what they say with a pinch of salt ,
good luck mate

Reactions: Diazro
Mine is doing the same. This is has been a very prominent problem with VW vehicles as well I’m told. I noticed mine 6 months into ownership of a new car. The dealer stated the response from Audi was they felt it was caused by polishing or use of acidic car wash shampoos.

I was dumbfounded as it had never been polished (new car?) and I take it to be professionally detailed and all shampoos or product are PH neutral!