AUDI A3 DRIVER DOOR FAULT

mhussain

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a 2011 A3 1.6L Diesel. I've got problem on the driver door. I've read plenty of discussions regarding slightly similar issues but no one seems to have the same problem as mine.

-I cannot remotely lock my driver door, the rest of the car locks fine, i have to lock and unlock the driver door manually.
-Window switches all work.
- the side mirror adjust knob can only control the left, passenger mirror, i cannot control the driver mirror. Also the heated driver side mirror doesn't work nor does the indicator light on that mirror.
-Speakers work fine
- the light on the lock/ unlock button on the driver door doesn't turn on but does lock and unlock the car as it should, but except the driver door.

I've opened the door panel and checked supply to the control module. There's a constant 12V.

No idea how to diagnose the problem. Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Common issues are door hinge wiring, door module, lock, key fob, convenience module, most of these need vcds or the like to diagnose.

Reactions: mhussain
Common issues are door hinge wiring, door module, lock, key fob, convenience module, most of these need vcds or the like to diagnose.
Thanks for your reply man.

Couldn't see any damage on the cable initially so thought it wouldn't be the cable. But before going to a pro I thought I'd take the cable off and have a proper look, turns out it is the cable.

I'll get this sorted and tested. Hopefully will be fixed

Attachments

• 20230513_141435.jpg
    20230513_141435.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55