2019 Audi A5 Subframe issues!! HELP

declanhulme1113

Reaction score
Hi All

i bought a A5 35 tfsi a couple of months ago, after the first week i found a knock on the front right when acceleration slowly, booked it into dealer ship to find out whats going on.

i have now been told that they replaced the drop mounts and it wasent them and they need to replace the whole front sub frame! surely this shouldn't need doing on a 2019 plate with 20K MILES?

what could cause this? reckless driving? crash?

Thanks guys

Unfortunately dealers don't investigate things as we would, they just throw parts at things without understanding the cause, so it maybe subframe knock due to a bolt position or tightness, thread not as good etc, unless there's any repair on record, I wouldn't worry too much.

Reactions: V6 Quatt and declanhulme1113
Unfortunately dealers don't investigate things as we would, they just throw parts at things without understanding the cause, so it maybe subframe knock due to a bolt position or tightness, thread not as good etc, unless there's any repair on record, I wouldn't worry too much.

i really hope thats the case :) no faults on file, they have had the car for 3 weeks, they thought it was the drop links at first, replaced both, now saying subframe replace. quiet a well knkow dealer too so should know what there doing but apparently not hahaha

will keep yous updated!

thansk you

Agree had the same on my previous coupe S5 was a knocking sound when going on and off the drive..Apparently the bolts needed re torquing

I ended up getting my car back 2 days ago, its driving great, they said they have replaced the sub frame, but couldn't provide me with a invoice yet and to come back next week :laughing: defo not changed it,