Future Owner

KanadaMike

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

First of all, thanks for allowing me to join.

I'm a Canadian Expat living in Germany. I've retired and am currently making plans to return to Canada by the spring of next year. I've always owned wagons here in Germany and have discovered that unless I go the SUV route I have a very limited choice if I want to stay with a wagon. Thus I was relieved that Audi offers the A6 as a wagon (Allroad) in Canada. I would prefer the S6 as a wagon even with the fake exhaust tips . I must say it is really frustrating trying to come up with a configuration that I would be happy with, due to the limited choice of options / combinations at Audi in Canada. My first thought was to transform the A6 Allroad into a S6 look by replacing the bumpers and removing the remaining plastic body panels. I severely doubt the paint behind the panels would survive removal. Not to mention the paint was scuffed in order to glue the panels in place. Thus I have come to the decision to purchase the A6 Allroad in Mythos Black Metallic with the Blackout Optics Package option. All other options I'm not really concerned about. I'll take what I can get.

However I would like to make the following changes:
  • Replace the front grill with a S6 grill. (or is the A6 better suited?)
  • Paint or wrap the plastic panels to match the body paint (or would it be better to order Full Body Paint and black wrap as per the Blackout Optics Package?).
  • Replace the roof rails with the version on the A6/S6 wagon (prefer the look and won't be using or need a roof rack).
  • Eventually replace the seats with S-Line seats (this will probably be expensive).
  • Ultimately I would like to get rid of the amber side markers (it ruins the appearance of almost any car).
Your response / thoughts would be appreciated.

Looking forward to the responses.

By the way some of you may suggest why I don't just bring back a S6 upon my return to Canada. Unfortunately the Canadian government won't permit the importation of vehicles (other than from the US) that are not older than 15 years.

Mike

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Mike. Welcome to audi-sport.net