Locking Confirmation Via Horn (Beep)

SVTunit

Reaction score
Has Anyone figured out how to code the RS3 to beep the horn when you lock the doors? I find this feature very handy to confirm the doors are actually locked when I walk away from my car. Any help would be great appreciated.

Has Anyone figured out how to code the RS3 to beep the horn when you lock the doors? I find this feature very handy to confirm the doors are actually locked when I walk away from my car. Any help would be great appreciated.

Search is your friend….

VCDS tweaks for the 8Y RS3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cooperp
Indicators would do the same thing, just with no sound.

I read somewhere that the 'beep' on lock thing is actually illegal these days :sadlike:

I read somewhere that the 'beep' on lock thing is actually illegal these days :sadlike:

Yeah can you feel a leg being pulled mate lol

Reactions: garethdj and 8YARWY
Sounds like load of bull to me, so alarms are ok but not beeps for locking lol.

It's like Sadiq Khan, I read this morning, wrote a book based on the death of a young girl from "pollution" which tbh I'm highly questionable she didn't have just more susceptibility to the air pollutants tbh, however yes it's sad, but the tw4t drives around in a £400k range rover as mayor of London, the mother of the girl was at the book reading, this man is sick for sure & she clearly doesn't understand any of his stupid policies that are actually making things worse.

So let's work this out, it's ok to drive that car around whether it's electric or not, both types would contribute hugely to the pollution if we counted battery manufacturing for a rover ev, plus all the supercars pushing out huge volumes & are scott free to drive around.

Guys a fecking idiot imho.

I understand newer/older cars emissions tech is different I'm not oblivious obviously given what I do, but this is such a contradiction, the guy needs a wake up call tbh, maybe with car locking beeps

Reactions: 8YARWY
Yeah can you feel a leg being pulled mate lol
seriously though........................
It is illegal to sound your horn from a STATIONARY vehicle , AT ANY TIME ! ...

It’s actually the Alarm siren that’s doing the lock chirping and not very loud at that.

Reactions: NHN

Mike, in 31 years of driving, I've never heard of anyone getting pulled for that, it's like dropping litter, which btw I fecking hate with a passion, I see people sit in there fecking car eating KFC, then dump a huge bag out the window & drive of, slap on route dirty feckwits, however as noted, irony, it's the siren that does the noise so you could argue the point it's my siren so that's not necessarily illegal.

Reactions: Mike.46
Interestingly as far as I recall many aftermarket alarms from 80,90,00s had a chirp to indicate arm/disarming. But I’ve noticed the Mercedes have the chirp when I’ve seen people locking their Merc.

I don’t like it and always think it indicates dodgy aftermarket alarms:tearsofjoy:

I much prefer indicator flash with the folding mirror option ( which I know has been discussed at length on another thread)

Incorrect.

• Wow
Lol another thread that’s turned into a ‘oh no it’s not’……… ‘oh yes it is’

It’s an Alarm chirp not a b****y foghorn

Lol another thread that’s turned into a ‘oh no it’s not’……… ‘oh yes it is’

It’s an Alarm chirp not a b****y foghorn

Better crack than seeing if an air box is 1 degree out of level. No offence to that guy

Reactions: 8YARWY
Better crack than seeing if an air box is 1 degree out of level. No offence to that guy

Lol I forgot about that.

I really can’t understand people that go looking for things that aren’t ‘perfect’

Saying that at least he didn’t ‘go nuclear’ when a comment was made, which seems to be the norm these days when someone gets upset about basically nothing.

Mike, in 31 years of driving, I've never heard of anyone getting pulled for that, it's like dropping litter, which btw I fecking hate with a passion, I see people sit in there fecking car eating KFC, then dump a huge bag out the window & drive of, slap on route dirty feckwits, however as noted, irony, it's the siren that does the noise so you could argue the point it's my siren so that's not necessarily illegal.
I am not sure whether it's the siren or the car horn tbh, I do have a neighbour with a Merc and it's noticeable that when he changes it every 2 years there is no beep when he locks it but after a few weeks and I guess a dealer visit, it starts f beeping again, he also has a son and daughter who visit who beep when arriving and leaving.

It probably doesnt help that his wife reversed into my sons car and drove off and refused to give him her details and also whilst a tree surgeon was cutting down a tree in my garden she complained (and called the Police) that it ruined her outlook, so, no matter what either of them do it pizzes me off 100% :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

I understand newer/older cars emissions tech is different I'm not oblivious obviously given what I do, but this is such a contradiction, the guy needs a wake up call tbh, maybe with car locking beeps
On the subject of Sadiq Khan here's one for you.
My 75 Kawasaki 750 two stroke (which were banned in the 70's in California due to their emissions) is eligible and free for the London ULEZ charge zones
Church

Reactions: Charlie Farley, martin lo and Frankel

When the Highway Code says ‘should’ that’s not law, it’s only law when it says ‘must’. You can use your horn whilst stationary, only in an emergency.

P.S. didn’t mean to reply and sound like a ****

On the subject of Sadiq Khan here's one for you.
My 75 Kawasaki 750 two stroke (which were banned in the 70's in California due to their emissions) is eligible and free for the London ULEZ charge zones
View attachment 267657
Thats awsome chap, i had a 500 which was mental.
brilliant.

My Teslarse beeps the horn on lock.

Beeping your horn in a built up area after 7pm prohibited but I'm not sure what you'd get done for.

My Teslarse beeps the horn on lock.

Beeping your horn in a built up area after 7pm prohibited but I'm not sure what you'd get done for.
One 'farted' at me last night as I walked past with the dog, frightened the life out of him :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: rngDeadeye
Sounds like load of bull to me, so alarms are ok but not beeps for locking lol.

It's like Sadiq Khan, I read this morning, wrote a book based on the death of a young girl from "pollution" which tbh I'm highly questionable she didn't have just more susceptibility to the air pollutants tbh, however yes it's sad, but the tw4t drives around in a £400k range rover as mayor of London, the mother of the girl was at the book reading, this man is sick for sure & she clearly doesn't understand any of his stupid policies that are actually making things worse.

So let's work this out, it's ok to drive that car around whether it's electric or not, both types would contribute hugely to the pollution if we counted battery manufacturing for a rover ev, plus all the supercars pushing out huge volumes & are scott free to drive around.

Guys a fecking idiot imho.

Sadiq Can't

Thanks by the way……..

Ungrateful isn’t the word.

This forum at times……..so many take take takers.