Daza engine rs3

Outkast

Reaction score
Hi I am in the market looking for a rs3 with a 40-50k budget .
I have seen some post about the daza engine being a better engine is that only if you were to tune it ?

if you were notnlooking to tune it woukd it matter which engine rs3 you got ?

posted agyer a long time away previusly had a s3 , saved u for a rs3 just looking around and thinking which one would be best to buy .

any help greatly appreciated

DAZA engine was the last before the fitting of the OPF when it became the DNWA. The OPF kills a lot of the sound and means you get less power from a given tune. Gearboxes were also known to stutter a bit when launching. Always better to get the last engine before the fitting of extra emissions kit. OPFs can in theory be removed but it will fail an MOT and technically is illegal etc etc

Very early 2018 were the last of the DAZA, there was a break in production before the introduction of the DNWA later in 2018. Anything after a 67 plate is likely a DNWA

DAZA very tuneable too, over 500hp just a map. PFL arguably sounds the best but hard to tune above 400-450hp.

TX

DAZA engine was the last before the fitting of the OPF when it became the DNWA. The OPF kills a lot of the sound and means you get less power from a given tune. Gearboxes were also known to stutter a bit when launching. Always better to get the last engine before the fitting of extra emissions kit. OPFs can in theory be removed but it will fail an MOT and technically is illegal etc etc

Very early 2018 were the last of the DAZA, there was a break in production before the introduction of the DNWA later in 2018. Anything after a 67 plate is likely a DNWA

So this is defo not a daza engine ?

on a 2019 as i emailed him to ask as i wasnt sure what year the engine changed

and he replied back saying
“ i believe it is a daza engine”

2017/2018 Daza

2019 DNWA

It’s on a sticker on the left hand side of the engine just to the left of the engine cover.

bf3a6c19581db5537f61d03249250115.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2019 / 69 so not a DAZA it is a DNWA. Advert says it is a GPF (OPF) car anyway.

Only confusing thing is they did not get DNWA across the pond so they have later DAZA in the US so that can get confusing with dates