Service Interval

Trojan

Reaction score
I took delivery of my brand new 2023 A3 2.0 TDI 150hp S Line last week.

The mileage showing to the first service is 8900 miles or May 24 (whichever occurs first) On the cars computer.
is this correct, ?
My last A3 TDI in 2009 was 18k miles or 2 year (whichever occurred first)

Does anyone know the service schedule on my vehicle? A 9k service interval seems far too short especially with todays modern oils and most brands extending the interval.
Based on 9k miles interval, the car will be in for service every 5-6 months !!

Looks like they have maybe put you on fixed servicing as opposed to variable... Mine have always been fixed, but I have always been a low miler... My new S3 came with variable, so will see how that pans out.
As for yours, speak to the dealer to see if they can swap you over. Not sure how that works though.

Reactions: Trojan
Depends. Is it your car? Mine's a lease, and I was all prepared to bring it in after 12 months, and the service team asked me to ask the lease company on what regime is it. Called them, and they said it's on 24 (despite what the car said). So the car instead went in for a software update and they removed the reminder. So 24 month it is! In anycase once in for its 24 month, it would still be less than 9-10k miles for mine. If you have got it on a PCP, then depends on your driving style and mileage. Maybe check the oil quality / colour after 9 months and make your decision then?

Sounds like you are on annual fixed. Its supposed to be 10k miles in the UK, but it's an approximation of 15000km, which is about 9400 miles, so you'll get a reminder at about 9000 miles.

You should only really be on variable if you aim to do at least 15k miles in a year.

Same Spec. and engine to yours mine was serviced at around 18000 miles UK.
I think its 18000 or 1 year whichever comes first, but as above the style of driving will ultimately decide the interval.
I was told not to worry as the car will warn you? i didn't ever get a service light, possibly because i pre-empted the mileage and due to Christmas and needing a courtesy car, i had to book it in, in advance.
Also the My Audi app will tell you you service intervals.