RS3 Pricing

TonyF1

Reaction score
Seeing a fair few low mileage RS3’s on Audi and wondering on level of depreciation from new.

Does anyone recollect the base configurator cost for each variant for a delivery as 72 plate? Assume no additional options.

Thanks

I tried to keep track of the prices/increases early on, will post the figures I kept below.
What you had to pay for a 72 plate would have depended on when you placed the order.

These numbers are for a Sportback with no options above the trim line. I think Saloons are +£1k across the board.
Also, these are the base prices, you've got to add first year VED (It was ~£1350, but I think its now up to ~£1500), £715 OTR costs and £575 for any standard paint other than Kemora which was free.

Earliest numbers I have are these from mid November '21.
RS3: £48,840
Carbon Black: £53,490
Vorsprung: £56,090

Late Dec '21 was the biggest increase of £2930.
RS3: £51,770
Carbon Black: £56,420
Vorsprung: £59,020

In April '22 there was a £750 increase.
RS3: £52,520
Carbon Black: £57,170
Vorsprung: £59,770

I stopped keeping accurate track after this but there was another increase in Nov '22 of around £1,100 to average OTR price.

Thanks. I can see a lot of RS3’s pre registered at above those numbers with less than 100 miles on that suggests supply is outstripping demand. Useful to know as my local dealer has a car with less than 200 miles and wants £56k. Funny that prices for vorsprung seems ridiculously low given market.

Thanks. I can see a lot of RS3’s pre registered at above those numbers with less than 100 miles on that suggests supply is outstripping demand. Useful to know as my local dealer has a car with less than 200 miles and wants £56k. Funny that prices for vorsprung seems ridiculously low given market.

Bubbles burst now…….

It was never worth above list price and now prices are falling I’d imagine any dealer trying to charge 70k etc will struggle as demand has run its course, especially with the FL on the horizon, there’s already people due cars on FB 8Y page that are saying they won’t want it when it turns up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
I tried to keep track of the prices/increases early on, will post the figures I kept below.
What you had to pay for a 72 plate would have depended on when you placed the order.

These numbers are for a Sportback with no options above the trim line. I think Saloons are +£1k across the board.
Also, these are the base prices, you've got to add first year VED (It was ~£1350, but I think its now up to ~£1500), £715 OTR costs and £575 for any standard paint other than Kemora which was free.

Earliest numbers I have are these from mid November '21.
RS3: £48,840
Carbon Black: £53,490
Vorsprung: £56,090

Late Dec '21 was the biggest increase of £2930.
RS3: £51,770
Carbon Black: £56,420
Vorsprung: £59,020

In April '22 there was a £750 increase.
RS3: £52,520
Carbon Black: £57,170
Vorsprung: £59,770

I stopped keeping accurate track after this but there was another increase in Nov '22 of around £1,100 to average OTR price.
My invoice from Mar 22 order for a poverty spec saloon before discount was as follows;
£44600+vat £53520
Del £550+vat £660
RFL £1345
FRF £55

Total before options £55580 - C&S pack was another £1195 Total was £56775

HOWEVER!!!! I don't recall this car being that expensive when we ordered it, I thought it was circa £55.5k before a 4% discount, my original order form on the Audi portal has been amended to include a P/X so maybe the prices were amended to the current list with an increased discount to 5.75%?

Seeing a fair few low mileage RS3’s on Audi and wondering on level of depreciation from new.

Does anyone recollect the base configurator cost for each variant for a delivery as 72 plate? Assume no additional options.

Thanks
New on the forum and my first post. Looked at a ‘71 plate Vorsprung Sportback in Daytona with 3.5k on it about four weeks back. Nice car and asking £59k from True Vehicle Sales near me. Also has a ‘71 plate Carbon Sportback in Tango with 12k on it for £58k. I then found a ‘23 plate Vorsprung Sportback in Daytona with 4.2k on it at Nottingham Audi. Asking £59.5k and they sent me a walk around video. I asked if there was any wiggle room on the price and received a definite “no”. So continued our search and a couple of days later it popped up again but reduced to £58,750. I phoned the dealership only to be told it was now sold . Next we visited Ipswich Audi to enquire about the order situation for a new one. So yeah no chance with that of course but they would let us know if a Vorsprung became available. A phone call from them 45 mins later offering a cancelled order Vorsprung in Mythos. It would be a ‘23 plate at £64.5k but was not my colour choice anyway. Late that night we were searching on the internet and a brand new one popped up at Eastbourne Audi. Vorsprung Sportback in Daytona unregistered asking £61,876. I reserved it for £99 and had confirmation back. Next day we sealed the deal with. £1000 deposit and pick it up 5-Sept with a ‘73 plate albeit with our own private plate though. Literally just got off the phone and Ipswich Audi called offering another cancelled order Vorsprung Sportback in Tango. Price was £65k. I was peed off about the Nottingham car as that was a great deal, why they didn’t call me will stay a mystery??? Looking forward to travelling to Eastbourne Audi on the 5th

Reactions: drgav2005, RS03???, Terminator x and 6 others