Armrest lid latch replacement

norad97

Reaction score
Hi, found the armrest lid broken on one side, anyone recommended a good replacement.

Found good replacements on eBay, just be aware that the hinges come in two different types. So check the photos carefully.

The aftermarket ones are a pretty close match to OEM.

Join the club Richard, my broke back in April , I rarely open it so have some carefull placed blue tack holding it in place for now.
If you find a source let me know and vice versus

Join the club Richard, my broke back in April , I rarely open it so have some carefull placed blue tack holding it in place for now.
If you find a source let me know and vice versus
Guess I will have a look at Ebay, as I guess you cant buy a genuine one.

Mine broke the aftermarket ones on ebay for about £6 are great easy fit and work the same as original

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Cool was happy to have mine working again and the velcro can go in the bin

Reactions: Charlie Farley and norad97
Same here but i ordered two just in case I break the first one with my clumsy hands ...lol

Reactions: norad97 and mikeb7
Be careful

There are two types of armrests

One is curved/round at the front

The other is near flat

Same here but i ordered two just in case I break the first one with my clumsy hands ...lol
They are a little delicate. I found taking the lid off completely helped. My sausage fingers would’ve made a mess of it if I tried to do it while still in the car

Can just the hinge part be taken off and replaced? one side of my hinge is broken on my B5.

Recived mine this morning, opend and found broken, not well packed just inside a small black bag, no Support for the arms and break off,
Not impressed.

Mine came from China, took about two weeks. Badly packaged in a flimsy bag.

So received the replacement today for the broken one, fitted it today, but I find it sticks out a bit more than the original part.
How did yours fit??

Still waiting in mine, may have been shipped to Antarctica.:whistle2:

Our post is beyond useless to be honest so not a surprise.

I sent a small item to Sutherland in Scotland by special delivery next day back in may, they lost it within 5 miles of the post office where i posted it, totally useless.