Headlights upgrade question

mrvinhojr7

Reaction score
Hi folks, I have question if anyone can tell mr by any chance how hard it is and is it even possible to put newer headlights from redesign model of A3 from 2008+ to my 2006 model , as well is it possible to do the same thing with stop lights and on top of that same question is for bumpers from redesign model????

Yes of course you can but it will require a full front end facelift including front panel, wings, bonnet, bumper, headlights, bcm, wiring etc.

Plenty of conversion guides online, have fun with your research.

Reactions: NHN
Yes of course you can but it will require a full front end facelift including front panel, wings, bonnet, bumper, headlights, bcm, wiring etc.

Plenty of conversion guides online, have fun with your research.
Hugh, do you think is it worth doing it?

Hi folks, I have question if anyone can tell mr by any chance how hard it is and is it even possible to put newer headlights from redesign model of A3 from 2008+ to my 2006 model , as well is it possible to do the same thing with stop lights and on top of that same question is for bumpers from redesign model????

Yeah, the headlights on the facelift models (2008.5+) are different shape and so is the front bumper, grille and the hood. So in my opinion, not worth it.

The tail lights, however, are the same. I have replaced my original tail lights with the LED style lights.

This is what I had to do for my North American 2006 A3 model:

- replace both outside (corners) and inside (mounted in the hatch)
- get a conversion harness (Kufatec is what I got)
- supply +12V to the inner lights (for the LED ring)
- possibly make slight changes in coding so the correct lights come on for brakes, signals, tail lights

I got the Euro style tail lights, using amber bulbs for turn signals.

Cheers,

IMG 5383

Yeah, the headlights on the facelift models (2008.5+) are different shape and so is the front bumper, grille and the hood. So in my opinion, not worth it.

The tail lights, however, are the same. I have replaced my original tail lights with the LED style lights.

This is what I had to do for my North American 2006 A3 model:

- replace both outside (corners) and inside (mounted in the hatch)
- get a conversion harness (Kufatec is what I got)
- supply +12V to the inner lights (for the LED ring)
- possibly make slight changes in coding so the correct lights come on for brakes, signals, tail lights

I got the Euro style tail lights, using amber bulbs for turn signals.

Cheers,

View attachment 268211

Amazing job man and thank you very much for explanation, it will be helpfull definitely...on top of that I have one more question, is tit possible to fit new cluster from redesign model and how hard is it to get it done?