Q7 Default Audi Q7 ABS Light On - Faults Codes 00814, 00283 etc - PLEASE HELP!

Lion Heart

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have a 2012 Audi Q7 and the ABS light is on, and also ESP disabled (which is disabled automatically if there is an ABS fault I've come to learn!)

Scanned the car and it is showing several codes relating to ABS:

---------------------

03 BRAKE ELECTRONICS:

00283 ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Left - IMPLAUSIBLE SIGNAL

00814 Brake Pressue Magnetic Coil - ELECTRICAL FAULT IN CIRCUIT

01826 Steering Angle Sensor, Voltage Supply Terminal 30

4C TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING 2

01316 Brake Control Module

00778 Steering Angle Sensor

01 ENGINE ELECTRONICS

U1017 ABS Brake Control Module: Read Out DTC

---------------------

So, my logic was if the wheel speed sensor was broken then this could cause the ABS fault, so I replaced this. TWICE and still have the same issue...

When I look at live data, and look at the speed of all of the wheel speed sensors together three are in perfect sync, but the front left shows random speeds. When standing still it fluctuates between 0 and 5 and when driving jumps all over the place, whilst the other three are perfect.

I have replaced the wheel speed sensor twice now (so that's three in total, if the original one was not actually faulty). So pretty confident it's unlikely to be the sensor itself.

Did some research on the 00814 code and people have fixed this by replacing the brake servo (booster) due to a fault in the magnetic coil inside the unit.

However, before I go to the expense and all the work of changing that I wanted to ask some opinions here on the best logicial thing to tackle next?

My thoughts are yes MAYBE the servo has an issue, BUT that would not (???) make one wheel speed sensor play up?

All advice very welcome!

Check the wiring & if need be fit temporary wiring back to the abs module to see if that sensor changes, that way you discount.