Trying to load Thinkware Dashcam app to carplay

missile

Burning rubber
Reaction score
Trying to load Thinkware Dashcam app to carplay on my Audi, but it seems not all apps are supported. Any suggestions?
It is a real pain trying to connect to camera with my iPhone XR. When I log in to Thinkware Wifi signal, keeps defaulting to the car. Was hoping someone might have a work around.

Turn Bluetooth off on your phone before you want to connect to the dashcam

Reactions: missile
Thinkware do not have an app that supports CarPlay. CarPlay is not well supported by developers in general.

No point in having your device connect to your Dashcam Wi-Fi unless you are hot spotting for cloud event backup, if you have a model that supports it that is.

Reactions: NevMan and missile
It is a bit laborious downloading to phone, converting file then uploading to PC. Much easier and quicker if one could do it in car. Unfortunately even Audi don't seem to have developed a user friendly App.

Download the Thinkware app for your computer, pop the sd card out of the camera and use with your computer. This way there is no transferring or converting, you get Picture in Picture / front and rear playback at the same time, gps data, g data etc etc. While it’s nice to use your mobile device in the car I advise my customers to only view their footage via mobile if they don’t have a computer available.

Reactions: missile, 8YARWY and NevMan
Lol I’ve had 2 Thinkware cameras for 4 years now and on the times I’ve needed footage I’ve never found accessing them ‘laborious’.

Within minutes I can have footage on my phone, or like @DJAlix says pop it into the laptop if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk