SQ5 Creaking from Boot space

Leebroath

Reaction score
Pulled everything out the boot earlier today and still hearing the creaking noise. Not got a clue what it could be, only heard when going over bumps and moving left and right.
I even sat in the boot while my other half drove along and pinpointed it to the passenger side rear area, not got a clue what it could be

That would do my head in. Sure it’s not the sunroof creaking?
Is there anything in the cubby hole as that’s where the lever for the towbar is?
Not got a loose wheel arch liner?
Take the warning triangle out the boot door and see if that makes a difference

Yep it's doing our boxes in, the car just went into Audi last night to be checked over

It's also in for the Oil / Inspection sevice, so luckily killing 2 birds with one stone.

There was nothing in the cubby holes, made sure everything was out, it seemed to creak way more when I was going over bumps

There is no sunroof, I was thinking it could be the window seal on the back window, or something coming from the passenger side rear wheel arch.

I'm thinking that could be it, which means I presume not covered under warranty!

Could be an expensive bill this :(

Last edited:
Would that not fall under wear and tear if the spring / shock was faulty?

I could be wrong of course :)

Found out exactly what it was, we had a Towbar fitted in Feb 23 but.... (we just received the Audi Cam)

The guys who fitted the unit on, then put all the trim, bumper etc back have just thrown it all on

There are loose wiring connections, bumper trim not clicked back together properly and missing clips, both rear light clusters were shaking, wheel arch part of trim was loose in his hand. Not a professional job in my opinion. I should have went with my gut instict when I notcied the bumper wasn't alligning properly and had it back in.

Anyway, this is the company who fit Towbars for the Audi garage, so luckily they can communicate together on this.

Mine creaks over bumps; in my case, it's the roller blind parcel shelf when it's rolled out and hooked into the lugs at the back. Much quieter when it's unhooked and retracted, quieter still when removed altogether.

Mine creaks over bumps; in my case, it's the roller blind parcel shelf when it's rolled out and hooked into the lugs at the back. Much quieter when it's unhooked and retracted, quieter still when removed altogether.
Same here mate, we usually have the parcel shelf open as it makes noises when its extended.

It's def not that as we had the shelf out, amonst other things.

But the Garage who fitted the Towbar are to fault, they have since apologised and asked for the car to be booked in with them.

Reactions: jdp1962
That’s shocking
apply sticky felt all along where the parcel shelf connects to the car and any lugs

Reactions: jdp1962 and Leebroath
Good idea mate, will try that out :)

And yes shocking, they must have thrown it all back together to get the car out the door.