Learner Driver RS3 insurance.

KevS3-

Reaction score
I know most folk would think you’d be mad to let someone learn to drive in your RS3 but I’m curious if anyone else has done it. My girlfriend is 36 and still not even applied for provisional. Just wondering if anyone else has got insurance for a learner in an RS3???

2018 Rs3

• Wow
Reactions: Terminator x
I know most folk would think you’d be mad to let someone learn to drive in your RS3 but I’m curious if anyone else has done it. My girlfriend is 36 and still not even applied for provisional. Just wondering if anyone else has got insurance for a learner in an RS3???

2018 Rs3
You will probably be surprised how low it will be. Once they pass the test it becomes ridiculous for price, my daughter (18) insured on a Ibiza as a learner, it was an extra £75, as a full licence holder it went up another £480, go figure.

Reactions: KevS3-
Is this wise lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Jsimba and Jcbmally
Probably not just trying to get a ballpark figure.

To many variables to get a ballpark figure - If you are serious just put all the details into a comparison site and see what quotes (if any) come back.

Make sure it's comprehensive lmao, read the small print ;P

Really not the car to be learning to drive in if the person has never driven a car before on or off road.
Just buy a cheap runaround like a mini and use that, learning to drive is all about confidence, if a new driver is only thinking about not pranging someone else's pride and joy they will just dread every session in it.
get something that they feel at ease in, not an RS3, insurance would be the last thing on my mind to be honest.

Reactions: 8YARWY and KevS3-
Personally, I would buy a proper manual and let her learn to drive one of those (the hard way :wink new:). Will give you more choice of vehicle in the future. Yes, I realise most, if not all, will be flappy paddle or cvt before long but there are still a fair few that are manual.

Really not the car to be learning to drive in if the person has never driven a car before on or off road.
Just buy a cheap runaround like a mini and use that, learning to drive is all about confidence, if a new driver is only thinking about not pranging someone else's pride and joy they will just dread every session in it.
get something that they feel at ease in, not an RS3, insurance would be the last thing on my mind to be honest.

Best to get a proper instructor if you ask me.

Why would you want to pass on any bad habits you’ve picked up over the years.
Plus instructors can read situations differently when teaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NWHighlander and KevS3-
Agreed but depends on the person doing the instruction and the person taking instruction.
Not allways a clear cut descision.
But hey, whatever works for those involved.
I never took any lessons from a driving school , I passed my full bike test first time round and my car test first time 12 months later.

Reactions: Jcbmally and KevS3-
it used to be that if one took a test in Auto you could only drive automatics, so was always best to learn in a manual, how that works now with the array of transmissions I m not sure

maybe worth a read, still seems the rules are the same for the auto test which effects any non-manaul gearbox, best learn in a manual to cover all future options.