Where can I purchase this? Bar/Wire inside fusebox

soulwaffle

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking to run in another live wire attached to the bar behind the fusebox. Apologies, unsure of the correct terms here. Where can I purchase this? Pic attached

Untitled

Audi as I've purchased them before for clients.

Usually if yours is missing you need to run a wire from the fusebox under the bonnet, you may also find you need that under bonnet fuse box changing to cater, as they're mid & high versions also.

Audi as I've purchased them before for clients.

Usually if yours is missing you need to run a wire from the fusebox under the bonnet, you may also find you need that under bonnet fuse box changing to cater, as they're mid & high versions also.
Hey NHN,

Appreciate the response as always. So, when I ring up audi, how do I describe what it is I need? I'll have a look for the fuse box underneath the bonnet (mine is a 2010 a3 2.0l tdi - unsure if the later models cater for two wires)

It's a fusebox rail, you'd need to specify the number of fuse points on the rail, it's basically a rail with a tail of about 8 inches.

You'd have to go through elsawin to confirm whether your engine bay fuse box caters for the rail wire, it will have a location to wire too, it's a faff tbh, but good learning experience.

Don't just wire it to anything as it will overload, wire to the set location it should be.

Reactions: soulwaffle
I think I found the part, but what pin goes on the other end? I either have it in slot SB29 (low) or SB53 (high) ...but unsure if its just a standard fuse slot pin?

If anyone needs the part number for one its: 1K0937524.

Any thoughts on where I can obtain the connector that goes into the fusebox connector:

I ended up buying another 40 pin connector as imaged above. Any thoughts on how to unlock it to remove the pin? @NHN :)

Manage to release the pin - for anyone else: insert a hair pin into the holes/gaps either side and then yank. It'll release the pin. I tried with a few other tools made specifically for this but no dice, surprisingly a hair pin worked.

If you want the repair wire part no: 000979 406E

Reactions: ahtcap