High Pressure Fuel Regulator PETROL

DJDaz

Reaction score
My 2007: A4 Convertible has thrown up an issue with the high pressure fuel pump regulator, main dealer tells me these are only available as a full £600+ unit as the do not supply the regulator on its own any longer.
I have tried a second hand unit from a breaker but no history of the vehicle, had this changed and still the same issue with the intermittent limp mode and EPC on the dash. If I start the car a few times it often clears and can be off for some time and then it plays up again, could this be caused by anything other than the faulty solenoid on top of the unit ?

If you've tried a proven working unit then maybe it's the supplying circuit assuming it has a loom attached.

Thanks, I had the circuit tested by an auto electrician and they pointed to the solenoid at the top of the point, the loom all seemed ok, the unit I fitted came from a breakers with the pump, so no history of the vehicle and no idea if it was a good unit but for £50 it was worth a try.

Unfortunately unless you can use a proven faultless unit, it's little hard to know.

As for auto sparks, I'll be honest there's few & far between that actually know wtf they're doing in my experience.

One guy had 3 so-called auto sparks look at an issue & the workmanship was terrible & others couldn't help, yet it wasn't a difficult issue.

So take that with a pinch of salt.

Reactions: DJDaz
Thanks, I am ordering a new replacement unit to try, this is brand new with a warranty so hopefully should prove its either the pump or not, I also tend to agree on the auto spark