An interesting article on EV's, but not really a surprise though.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just randomly trawling the motoring section on the interwebby and stumbled across this article.

It does highlight what so many have said and known for some time on the whole EV revolution.
I will never own one and have no plans to either, they are too expensive for a starting point along with the whole lack of an effective charging network and of course the cost of charging.
It will take years to get the UK anywhere even close to having an effective charging network if of course it ever does.

Anyway, it seems a lot of people just don't want to get into EV's now, and i don't blame them.

Last edited:
I read an article & now for specific high current chargers, it's more expensive to run an EV than it is for the combustion, as in fuel Vs charging costs.

Don't get me started on Sadiq Fecking Khan, Mr £400k range rover who doesn't answer any journo questions.

This guy needs removing as mayor.

I don't even have an electric lawnmower

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Don't get me started! I work for a company that has to show they're green but that's by the by. Goes to show that we're not the only ones when VW have said they're cutting down on EV production.
Makes me laugh when I turn up at service stations for a quick splash n dash and Tesla owners are queueing for chargers

Reactions: Charlie Farley
An article on the Tv a few months ago really laid bare the scale of the problem in the UK with regards to EV's and owners migrating to EVs from IC cars etc.
They calculated from existing data that the volume of new EV cars on our roads now, add in the potential surge of EVs in the next few years and the rate new charging points are being installed (very low) , there will just not be enough charging points to service EV on the roads even factoring in owners that are charging at home.
Also, they predicted it would take at least 10 years to get an efficient and reliable charging network in place as the current infrastructure is just not viable for large-scale daily usage.

agree ..
only saw a headline so bear with me...
"electric cars do twice as much damage to the roads" didn't read into it but guess it's the weight...

A good friend has a 2017 tesla X , his tesla home charging point is only 2 years old and has failed already, a replacement is around £600, he's not amused at all.
I'd be miffed too .