New Black edition

Wag29

Reaction score
Hi,
Picked up A3 Black edition Tech pack pro on Saturday, first one delivered through dealership, very pleased and glad I went for the Navarro blue.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG_1625.jpeg
    IMG_1625.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 221
Reactions: Kevmoz, Sandra, vatdim and 2 others
Hi,
Picked up A3 Black edition Tech pack pro on Saturday, first one delivered through dealership, very pleased and glad I went for the Navarro blue.
any pics of inside please and did it come with everything ?? Very nice

any pics of inside please and did it come with everything ?? Very nice
Yes everything was on it that should have been, sadly there is no extended ambient lighting any more, but I wasn’t really expecting there to be, only have two picture of inside at moment, will try and take some more later.

Attachments

• IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1622.jpeg
    IMG_1622.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 213
Yes everything was on it that should have been, sadly there is no extended ambient lighting any more, but I wasn’t really expecting there to be, only have two picture of inside at moment, will try and take some more later.
Looks sweet. How long did it take to get from order to delivery as I’ve ordered one but heard nothing yet.

Looks sweet. How long did it take to get from order to delivery as I’ve ordered one but heard nothing yet.
Ordered the beginning of April and collected Saturday, so approximately 3 months, even the dealer commented on how quickly it came, he said it was probably because I got the order in quickly from the release, he did say he’s taken more orders but not likely to be delivered until January 2024.

Is it only the s3 black Ed that has ext ambient lighting now then? Is the console surround still silver like the previous my? Or is it grey now?

Looks like cockpit + has gone too ?
I think as this is classified as an S line, just standard cockpit, as I originally intended to have an edition 1 that would have been a cockpit + and ambient lighting with micro micro pur seats, but the reason I changed to Black edition is it would be a newer model and I could add the Tech pro pack, where as with the 1 edition it was what it was and no choice to add packs apart from parking assist plus and comfort and sound pack, which I have now anyway.

I think as this is classified as an S line, just standard cockpit, as I originally intended to have an edition 1 that would have been a cockpit + and ambient lighting with micro micro pur seats, but the reason I changed to Black edition is it would be a newer model and I could add the Tech pro pack, where as with the 1 edition it was what it was and no choice to add packs apart from parking assist plus and comfort and sound pack, which I have now anyway.
Did it come with puddle lights and Audi beam in glovebox?

Did it come with puddle lights and Audi beam in glovebox?
Yes came with puddle lights and I said to salesman that it should have Audi beam , so he went away and came back with a new box of Audi beam lights and fitted them for me, but when I got home there were some in the glove box, so now have a spare pair aswell.

Yes came with puddle lights and I said to salesman that it should have Audi beam , so he went away and came back with a new box of Audi beam lights and fitted them for me, but when I got home there were some in the glove box, so now have a spare pair aswell.
Oh haha win win. I hope mine also has rear puddle lights as I can get s3 ones for about £15 on eBay.

Looks great. Classy colour.

Having moved from the larger (older) virtual cockpit to the new smaller blue one, I find I actually prefer the new one. It's very sharp and the colours look good.

Looks great. Classy colour.

Having moved from the larger (older) virtual cockpit to the new smaller blue one, I find I actually prefer the new one. It's very sharp and the colours look good.
I test drove a normal s3 on Saturday and then sat in the vorsprung in the show room trying to see if the bigger virtual cockpit was much better. The resolution seemed the same but obv the plus is a bit bigger but I can’t get that anyway unless I went for the vorsprung

After a short time you don't notice the smaller size at all.

Phnarr phnarr!

Last edited:
Hi mate did it come with front and rear puddle lights or just the fronts?

Have the cars always come with both before the issues? Or just the high spec like vorsprung?
My S3 standard (November 2020) had puddle lights on all doors with the Audi Beam in the Glovebox - I also ordered the S Beams and changed all 4 myself

Sadly door control modules were deleted on the later 8Y on the rear doors as a cost cutting exercise so puddle lighting can’t be fitted:

Just front unfortunately:-(
Thank you. I have upgraded/traded in from a 21 plate saloon sline which had puddle lights front and back and extended lighting pack which I added as an extra. Also matrix lights and flat bottom steering wheel.

I have ordered a black edition tech pack pro which is going into build in the next few weeks.

Just trying to understand what I will be loosing apart from gaining sun roof, wireless charging etc.

I do like the black badges on these cars.
There is a black Vauxhall mokka parked near me. Completly black with matt black wheels. Very nice it is for a vauxhall

Ordered the beginning of April and collected Saturday, so approximately 3 months, even the dealer commented on how quickly it came, he said it was probably because I got the order in quickly from the release, he did say he’s taken more orders but not likely to be delivered until January 2024.
Lol January? Better not be I was told sept/oct. Ordered mid June