EA211 CZEA timing belt

A3SLine2014

Reaction score
My A3 was booked in at a dealer for a timing belt change tomorrow....but i had a call today asking if i wanted to cancel the booking as AUDI UK is now inline with Audi AG with their timing belt intervals.
Im on 82k and they said it doesnt need to be done until 140k and ignore the age interval of the belt.

I do not know if at all related to whem i booked it in a month ago and they were bombarding me with free MOT/health check rubbish and i said to them no to it all and my missus has prosecuted garages for that type of activity where they use the tactics to generate works.

My A3 was booked in at a dealer for a timing belt change tomorrow....but i had a call today asking if i wanted to cancel the booking as AUDI UK is now inline with Audi AG with their timing belt intervals.
Im on 82k and they said it doesnt need to be done until 140k and ignore the age interval of the belt.

I do not know if at all related to whem i booked it in a month ago and they were bombarding me with free MOT/health check rubbish and i said to them no to it all and my missus has prosecuted garages for that type of activity where they use the tactics to generate works.
Well, if this is correct, all I can say is “about time”. Audi Uk, have been stubbornly insisting on the 5 year change interval for years, and refusing to give any sensible explanation for ignoring the very clear VAG AG advice,

I check my belt carefully every year, and after 7 years/19k miles it still looks brand new. Similarly my wife’s 7 year old Polo GT (25k miles)) with the same 1.4 EA211 engine.

Reactions: AJB
Well, if this is correct, all I can say is “about time”. Audi Uk, have been stubbornly insisting on the 5 year change interval for years, and refusing to give any sensible explanation for ignoring the very clear VAG AG advice,

I check my belt carefully every year, and after 7 years/19k miles it still looks brand new. Similarly my wife’s 7 year old Polo GT (25k miles)) with the same 1.4 EA211 engine.
I have asked them to email me the information

Reactions: Mikeso51
Would be great if it can be confirmed in writing as true.

I can’t help but get a sense of irony that the decision is only made *after* the cars will have got to the 5 year mark……

Last edited:
Interesting video on a timing belt replacement and consequences of not doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is interesting as I have just had an MOT and it was mentioned that due to the age of the car (5 Years) the cam belt needs to be changed.

This is interesting as I have just had an MOT and it was mentioned that due to the age of the car (5 Years) the cam belt needs to be changed.
Give Coventry Audi a call. They phoned me the day before my car was going in and told me that only that week had Audi revised their recommended interval. I can only make assumptions that from the call I made to book the car in a month earlier and after refusing all of their money spinning free MOT/Health Check crap and dropping in a comment that my woman has prosecuted garages in the past for similar schemes they decided to 'save me some money' . I did not get the email I had requested with the detail of the Audi AG interval they have moved too.

If you do call Audi Coventry to enquire, please let us know and if they state otherwise of what i have now been told I will phone and query as to the reasons why they have said to me the change/not made others aware.