myAudi Errors Again

Reaction score
Alright Guys,

Anyone else’s myAudi app throwing up this strange error today or is my car messing up again

2af76f9504fd92694a457408e63a294c.jpg

Also car is constantly picking times when the car is unlocked to send the status update to the app and then not bothering to update the app again when you lock it - not even sure why they bothered making it it’s that useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Barmybobuk
Alright Guys,

Anyone else’s myAudi app throwing up this strange error today or is my car messing up again

Also car is constantly picking times when the car is unlocked to send the status update to the app and then not bothering to update the app again when you lock it - not even sure why they bothered making it it’s that useless.

Lol really….why are you still bothering with this piece of crap ?

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
I have no idea lol

The car is decent IMHO but the MMI and Connect/myAudi services are crap.

If Ford, Kia, BMW and even Jaguar can get it right by looking at their apps and mates cars just not sure how Audi can look at their current digital offering and think it’s ok.

Will log another support ticket and wait for them to ask me to go somewhere with three bars of signal to test it again and then close the case lol

Alright Guys,

Mine did similar when the car and my phone were in a low signal area. Don’t know which one (or both?!) might’ve been causing the issue but it hasn’t done it since I’ve been back in signal.

I tried the app when we were in the US and it said all windows and boot were open and not parked safely. Even though I knew it was all locked up in my garage before I left. Had a Mazda CX-30 when were away and the MMI never skipped a beat. The MMI in the RS3 and our polo are constantly having issues. Very poor.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and 8YARWY
I tried the app when we were in the US and it said all windows and boot were open and not parked safely. Even though I knew it was all locked up in my garage before I left. Had a Mazda CX-30 when were away and the MMI never skipped a beat. The MMI in the RS3 and our polo are constantly having issues. Very poor.

Vag technology has become the Commodore Vic-20 of the car world

@DangerMouseUK what software version are you running in your car? I’m on 3801 and have had no issues with the app at all.

I’m 3801 as well

I think they were having some issues yesterday;

“We would like to inform you that at this moment we are performing some unplanned server maintenance which is affecting the functionality of the services and the myAudi App in general.

Specifically, services like the Remote Lock and Unlock , Car Finder and the Vehicle Status Report are currently being affected, thus we kindly ask that you re-test again tomorrow and if the issue persists inform us accordingly.

Rest assured that, our technical department is working towards resolving the issue in high priority.

We kindly ask for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience the issue has brought you.”

Who knows though lol

I wrote them a fair amount before about how stupid their app is for updated the unlocked status of the vehicle and then half the time not updating the locked status but they never took it on board.

Mine did similar when the car and my phone were in a low signal area. Don’t know which one (or both?!) might’ve been causing the issue but it hasn’t done it since I’ve been back in signal.

Apparently yesterday was due to server issues was what they told me!

That’s a common issue - apparently sometimes a flash of the telematics unit fixes it and sometimes doesn’t a master tech at a dealer told me. Lol

That’s a common issue - apparently sometimes a flash of the telematics unit fixes it and sometimes doesn’t a master tech at a dealer told me. Lol

Jesus you think the 8Y RS3 is bad.

I did a scan on a ID3 and it’s full of errors that constantly come back.

To be honest with you my biggest gripe overall with the myAudi / Connect stuff is the vehicle status logic they've used.

Like most other manufacturers do it one of these two ways;
a) when the app is opened start the app with no details and don’t show ANY details of the cars current status UNTIL the app has refreshed at the exact time it was opened - this would require their servers and app to respond a lot quicker than they currently do but it's all easy enough to do for a company of VAGs size.
b) get the car to AUTOMATICALLY send the status to the myAudi servers every single time there is a change in the vehicles locked or unlocked status (or door/tailgate/window open/close etc etc) again not hard to implement and exactly how other manufacturers do it. The way it's currently done when you hit refresh in the app it sends a wake up call to the car, the car wakes up, then goes off to check the status of everything (you can hear a noise when it starts this check almost sounds like it's locking the doors) and then sends it to the servers. I think it has also been programmed to send the lock status to the servers when the ignition is turned on which is just downright stupid if that's the only automated update they send as of course at that point the car is going to be unlocked.

Why Audi thought it was a good idea to just randomly sometimes update the car's unlocked status then never bother having the car contact the servers again when it was locked is just ridiculous and shows that no one inside their digital team has thought about how people actually use these apps with their car. I told someone senior in their digital team that it's less headache to just delete the app if that was their goal all internally.

I'll stick it on the bottom of this thread as its an existing myAudi app issue just slightly different to the one above;

Has anyone noticed their car has been giving them a lot more Not Parked Safely warning messages in the past few days than recently?

Twice today I looked at the app and it said not parked safely/unlocked and then when I refreshed the app it went to locked.

I'd send another support ticket but there's literally no point I'm guessing. Strange how it comes and goes in phases not sure there's any rhyme or reason to it.

Jaguar Land Rover's cars send an update to their servers every single time the doors/alarm/tailgate/bonnet have a change in their previous status so there's a constant log of activity so the app is always (when working) right - seems like a much more practical way to go about it.

I'll stick it on the bottom of this thread as its an existing myAudi app issue just slightly different to the one above;

Has anyone noticed their car has been giving them a lot more Not Parked Safely warning messages in the past few days than recently?

Twice today I looked at the app and it said not parked safely/unlocked and then when I refreshed the app it went to locked.

I'd send another support ticket but there's literally no point I'm guessing. Strange how it comes and goes in phases not sure there's any rhyme or reason to it.

Jaguar Land Rover's cars send an update to their servers every single time the doors/alarm/tailgate/bonnet have a change in their previous status so there's a constant log of activity so the app is always (when working) right - seems like a much more practical way to go about it.

I don't use the app very much. For me it seems to work fine the few times I have used it. Just checked it now and working how it should.

My app won't link, it seems pointless to be fair. Tesla have the phone app down to a T.

My software has been updated by Audi though, as I had issues with wrong drive select showing on dash. If I was in auto on mmi it would show dynamic on dash.

No issues here. Generally the app has been well behaved when I've looked at it, but it's not something I look at every day.
Screenshot 20230717 165537 myAudi

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Daggerit
Probably best to not look at it all the time with how wrong it is most the time lol

I think there is something the Audi backoffice team can do to make the car communicate more reliably - I have no idea what they tweak to do that though

I have a sneaking feeling they keep the car communicating as little as possible to save on the mobile data costs and only tweak it for the car to talk to the servers more if someone has an issue - but that might just be me reading too much into it

My app works perfectly. The only thing it doesn’t do is auto update when I open the app, I have to refresh each time I open the app but that’s not a problem.

Yeah I have a feeling that some of the locked/not-locked errors are from the app always opening when I get in the car

MyAudi

Do we even need that first toggle turned on anymore in the 8Y cars? Wasn't that for cars pre-MIB3?

642b54bd027f0527869154c87419c029.jpg

Yeah it wasn’t that toggle lol still did it today twice!

Will log another case and wait for the silly requests.

On the plus side that toggle being turned off stops the app always opening when you get in the car and as far as I can see there’s no point in the app opening anymore on the 8Y was more for the 8V.