B6 Interior Modifications

DickyNI

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 2003 B6 A4 2.5tdi Quattro Sport, only thing i dont like about the car is i feel the interior needs a few modifications. Nothing over the top but anything simple to modernise it a bit that wont break the bank would be great!

<p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">Michael Hooper may have missed the Wallabies captaincy but he remains the centre of attention for a French team that fear the flanker's influence.</font></p> blacksprut com <p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">Les Bleus have taken no time to show the concern they harbour about Hooper's breakdown work ahead of Saturday night's series-opener at Suncorp Stadium.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">Inspirational France back-rower and captain Thierry Dusautoir rated the in-form Waratah the Wallabies' big danger while coach Phillipe Saint-Andre likened the 22-year-old to 111-Test great George Smith.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">He coached Smith at Toulon in 2010-11, and felt Hooper was just as important to the current Australian side.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">Hooper showed Smith-like qualities on the weekend when he bounced back into action immediately after a rib-rattling hit by giant Chiefs prop Ben Tameifuna.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">Saint-Andre highlighted the No.7's ability by showing his tour squad footage of his sharp, one-handed pilfer early on in the Wallabies last Test against Wales on November 30.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">The rapid-fire turnover immediately set in motion a scintillating backline try which featured a Quade Cooper flick pass to Joe Tomane who then put Christian Leali'ifano over in the 30-26 win at Millennium Stadium.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">"(Hooper) reminds me of George Smith and I coached George at Toulon and I feel he's improved a lot," Saint-Andre said.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">"In the contact area he's often the first to get his hands on the ball.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">"Any contested ball he creates a lot of turnovers and when you know the quality and the skills and the speed of the Australian backs he's a key player for that.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">"We have done a lot of work on the ruck contest and we showed how much he contested in the Tests in November.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">"We saw how many turnovers he gets, and one was brilliant against Wales, which saw a fantastic try by the backline."</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">Dusautoir is rated among the best flankers in the game and won his 2011 player of the year award on the back of an inspirational man-of-the-match display in Les Bleus 8-7 World Cup final loss to the All Blacks.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">But he didn't mind admitting the danger that Hooper, more renowned for his powerful ball running, presents at the breakdown.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">"We have to work hard on our rucks to be efficient because we really fear him," the said.</font></p><p><font style="font-size:1.2em;">Many tipped Hooper to replace Ben Mowen and become the youngest Wallabies skipper in 67 years, but Ewen McKenzie instead appointed him deputy to Stephen Moore.</font></p></div>

<!-- ad: website -->

Wrap the trim parts in carbon effect wrap. I did mine around 7 years ago. Also, swap the ciggy lighter (with the cigarette symbol; nobody smoke fags any more) for the modern 12v plug.

20230218 154150

20230218 153924

Not bad for a 20 year old interior. Just two easy & cheap ideas!

Reactions: Stonedofmoo
Wrap the trim parts in carbon effect wrap. I did mine around 7 years ago. Also, swap the ciggy lighter (with the cigarette symbol; nobody smoke fags any more) for the modern 12v plug.

View attachment 269261

View attachment 269262

Not bad for a 20 year old interior. Just two easy & cheap ideas!
Yours has aged amazingly well. The wrap looks great, but mostly my eyes are drawn to the blemish free soft touch plastic around the center console, that's impressive!

Reactions: Manics
jaluc61: thanks for that. It was so long ago. Just an eBay special, nothing exotic. There's how-to's on YouTube as to how to remove the trim, though it's only the headlight control dial that's anything close to tricky. Take your time and pay attention to the direction of the 'grain' (well, print really!) to make sure it all lines up particularly on the centre console -ashtray, gearstick surround etc. The rolls are quite generous so you can afford a few mistakes. Start with the door blades as they're easiest.

All you need is a hairdryer to apply the heat.

On the ashtray you can prise out the small chrome streaks and glue back in after you've wrapped. I know the RS4 boys will be wetting their knickers though I can't justify spending £250/£300 on the real-deal trim!

If you pushed me I think from memory I went 3D and I didn't chose high gloss. Something like this.

Reactions: mr_pepps