Help with replacing headlight washer flaps

alex_baker

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know there's a few threads with similar issue, but I'd like to ask specifically about replacement flaps I've found for my B8 S4 Avant. I've inspected the flaps which are themselves fine, but the springs on the hinges are missing and the actual brackets mounted to the insides of the bumper are both broken. Again, the flaps themselves appear intact. At first I thought I was doomed but I seem to have found the compete flap assembly complete with inside mounted brackets.

The part number for the second hand items on eBay is 8K0955276A (and B). The brackets look like they mount to the inside of the bumper with strong adhesive tape, but I'm not sure. Could someone confirm this? If so, I assume I'll be OK buying the second hand complete set and fitting with new adhesive strips. Is that right? I don't want to waste £60 for the pair and them not be usable! I'm hoping to re-use my existing flaps with the new brackets & springs that mount inside the bumper, as the flaps that come with this used set are a different colour to my car.