Roof bars

Redreels

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I have a 2018 avant with closed roof rails and I am trying to find a sensible priced used set of Audi bars. I have a set of 8R Audi Q5 bars and apart from having an extra locating dowel that sits into the car’s rails they appear they might fit.
I would need to file down the extra part but wondered if this had been done before? The C7 bars are less common and much higher priced.
Thanks in advance

Tbh I wouldn't risk using a different set unless it's a proven method, you have to ask yourself the implications of it coming of are quite serious & leave you in a very bad legal mess if they inspect & find you've used non compatible units, your choice but it's it's not worth it imho.

Reactions: spartacus68
I've got a set of Thule bars on an earlier Avant. They were actually a very good price, bought direct from Thule although that was before Brexit.

Thanks Gents, just for the record I had another look at the Q5 roof bars. They are too long, although not by much for the A6 roof and the clamp appears too deep for the A6 rails.
Will have a look at Thule, I am not convinced by the cheaper versions on ebay

I bought some Farad ones Amazon product from Amazon and they are fine and also cheaper than Thule. Of course the advantage of the Thule system is that you have the potential to move them from one type of car to another by changing the foot pack