Security Access Code

SJon

Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm trying to force a manual regen of the DPF on my car. The DPF light is on the dashboard, the engine control unit says the last time the car did a regen was 890km ago, I took it for a run down the motorway for an hour today, but that didn't force a regen. The car is in permanent limp mode, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

From the tools I have (OBDEleven) and what I read, I have to change the service mode to EOL (Done) Then enter the security access code 27971 which gives me the error "(35) Access Authorisation failed, incorrect login code". Which is as far as I can get. Without this, I can't get to the menu that allows me to force a DPF regeneration in "Basic Settings"

Can anyone help me out? I've done a bit of digging and come up with some other codes (79153, 12233, 26262, 32768, 21295, 30605) but so far no joy.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi SJon, I don't use OBDEleven. I have VCDS. But read this documentation to see if there anything that transfers over

VCDS says the code is 21295

[01 - Engine]
[Coding-II - 11]

• Enable Regeneration by Entering 21295.
Thank you. So it's done in Coding 2.

I managed to get the car to do a regen on it's own. Apparently it won't do an automatic regeneration if the Soot level is above 60g. Mine was 60.89g. So I found a way to change that to 55g and took the car on the motorway, and it did a regen. I've done a couple of hundred km since, and it all seems fine. I've bought some diesel additive to try to clear any ash residue.

Now if I can only get rid of this damned intermittent P0299, which is why I changed the EGR in the first place, I'll be a happy man.

Oh well, clearly it's not the EGR.