Guess the car ...

swisstony

Reaction score
Going away for a short break and as the weather is a bit pants, washed the RS and my wifes car and then tucked them up in their respective covers. Now mine is easy to spot ( think the badge is a giveaway) but for a little bit of fun can you guess my wife's car ?
And @Charlie Farley , no you cant guess :)

Brucie bonus for colour of car and wheels

IMG 3077

Lotus Carlton

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Just way too many motors on that driveway chap...lol , I hate to think what your running cost are..:shrug:

Just way too many motors on that driveway chap...lol , I hate to think what your running cost are..:shrug:

Finally someone who understands my problem. Before my RS I was one and my wife had three !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Scooby WRX

Reactions: swisstony and Wagon Wheels
Now that is a left field answer and one I wasn’t expecting:) but incorrect:)

Nah it's similarly shaped tbh mate, that car was a monster.

Someone needs a doctor.... that STI's been left for way to long look at the size of it! :rofl:
I do like them though will never ever buy one as they are to spartan for the money but boy do they have some curb appeal and street cred, even when just they are just standard.

Especially the b22

Someone needs a doctor.... that STI's been left for way to long look at the size of it! :rofl:
I do like them though will never ever buy one as they are to spartan for the money but boy do they have some curb appeal and street cred, even when just they are just standard.

Especially the b22
I think you mean 22B :) yes I wish but know what you mean by spartan, they are very crude and basic but then everything is about the drivetrain and engine and little else effort put in the interior or basic things like sound deadening :) When I sold my scoob and got my B7 first thing I noticed was when I shut the door the windows didnt rattle and sound like the door was going to fall off :blink::wtf:

well thanks for playing the friday game.... this is what was hiding
FFEA644F 5265 489A B419 A4EC0946D4C9

Quite a rare V4 Sti Type R import with low mileage, clean as anything underneath and with a 22B front bumper to confuse you !
And here they are together

IMG 2766

Reactions: Pinky1959, Gmac, Wagon Wheels and 1 other person
Yeah 22b lol typed to quickly but I loved the look of them until I sat in a showroom model... I actually asked them why everything felt so cheap, the answer was it was all about the handling and drive... my reply was my Fiat Uno turbo felt as cheap as that and gave a more thrilling sensation on the road since it weight nothing and didn't need 4wd, could carry as much as the STI and basically was a easier as a daily being a hatchback than the STI, yet it was cheaper to buy...

I got asked to leave the showroom... lol

Back to your game those are 2 nice cars period... but I wouldn't buy any STI because they feel cheaply made. But you got the best model and the only one that will always make people triple check of they saw it right.

asked to leave the showroom ..lol

I had my time with scoobs ( over 20 years) and have moved on but aside from my V8, you will be hard pushed to beat that unmistakable flat 4 burble . The newer versions are just so tame now and have lost some of the character we think which is why we never looked at the newage.

Reactions: northpole
Lol I had a mk3 golf vr6, changed the exhaust and had the engine honed to 3.0 liters the engine note of that was sick and not one flat 4 sounded better than the smooth roar coming out of that engine... the only ones that topped it were the v8's and now the v10's... but the latter sounds more metallic than having a roar...

But nowadays I prefer to drive quiet cars that appear to be slow and almost standard looking... oem+ is still my thing but mostly it's about the creature comforts (adding missing options) rather than changing the look or slamming it.

Lovely type r and in the best colour. The front bumper threw me :) Had 07 WRX previously, do miss the burble and overall driving experience.

Lol I had a mk3 golf vr6, changed the exhaust and had the engine honed to 3.0 liters the engine note of that was sick and not one flat 4 sounded better than the smooth roar coming out of that engine... the only ones that topped it were the v8's and now the v10's... but the latter sounds more metallic than having a roar...

But nowadays I prefer to drive quiet cars that appear to be slow and almost standard looking... oem+ is still my thing but mostly it's about the creature comforts (adding missing options) rather than changing the look or slamming it.
snap
she had this one for a while but then sold it

IMG 5125

then bought this one as a project car

IMG 6879

Are you getting the hint that my wife is a bit of a petrolhead :)
She seems to be going through a mid life crisis as none of the cars on the driveway are what you would call sleepers or sensible
I do like the sound of that 3.0 lite mk3 golf though, must have been insane, bet your neighbours loved you :)

Lovely type r and in the best colour. The front bumper threw me :) Had 07 WRX previously, do miss the burble and overall driving experience.
Yes the front bumper is a bit of a curve ball. She still has the original but I think you agree this looks better
IMG 5668

Reactions: Dan_G and Wagon Wheels
snap
she had this one for a while but then sold it

View attachment 269614
then bought this one as a project car

View attachment 269615

Are you getting the hint that my wife is a bit of a petrolhead :)
She seems to be going through a mid life crisis as none of the cars on the driveway are what you would call sleepers or sensible
I do like the sound of that 3.0 lite mk3 golf though, must have been insane, bet your neighbours loved you :)

Lol don't tell me here name is Sharon! But she is clearly hit with the petrolhead virus!

this was my mk3 golf vr6
a34416f5-3caf-40e3-8c3e-caefb2f26057.jpg

39c60d8e-d171-40dc-9c6f-03de015a2d14.jpg

and than i got sick of the chrome look of the headlights so this happened...
46c2cfd8-af5b-4398-9fe6-1c203d79bed8.jpg

I'm not going to spam the forum but this thing would keep up with porshe cayenne turbo S-es and if they didn't expect it would leave them behind for dead.. loved every second of owning it... will never ever go this far again with cars though... but the 3.0 eninge basically i did everything myself bar having the block honed... but the rest i did all myself including changing all the interior dash lights to blue leds as the oem green dash lights where just horrible to look at... PS i didn't even like the mk3 golfs to begin with LOL i just bought it because my golf mk2 gti was sitting in my garage with it's engine out as i was building a 2.0 16v G60 (a mix match of 3 engines and when i finished it the guy that did the remapping bought it straight of me, I couldn't refuse the stupid amount he offered me lol but it put 315bhp at the wheels)

Last edited:
Reactions: swisstony
this was my mk3 golf vr6
a34416f5-3caf-40e3-8c3e-caefb2f26057.jpg

39c60d8e-d171-40dc-9c6f-03de015a2d14.jpg

and than i got sick of the chrome look of the headlights so this happened...
46c2cfd8-af5b-4398-9fe6-1c203d79bed8.jpg

I'm not going to spam the forum but this thing would keep up with porshe cayenne turbo S-es and if they didn't expect it would leave them behind for dead.. loved every second of owning it... will never ever go this far again with cars though... but the 3.0 eninge basically i did everything myself bar having the block honed... but the rest i did all myself including changing all the interior dash lights to blue leds as the oem green dash lights where just horrible to look at... PS i didn't even like the mk3 golfs to begin with LOL i just bought it because my golf mk2 gti was sitting in my garage with it's engine out as i was building a 2.0 16v G60 (a mix match of 3 engines and when i finished it the guy that did the remapping bought it straight of me, I couldn't refuse the stupid amount he offered me lol but it put 315bhp at the wheels)

Very nice indeed , certainly stands up to the test of time and can imagine it would leave a few cars behind . Though you can see the back cayenne in the picture and the way she drives I think it would have been a close race :)
Hats off to you for all the work you must have put in

Lol don't tell me here name is Sharon! But she is clearly hit with the petrolhead virus!

God no !!! She is as big a petrol head as me . Tucked up in a lock up is a 555 and a mk2 capri . One of these days we will get around to finishing them ! Maybe :)

Just noticed Northpole, steering wheel on left and what looks like a foreign plate , dutch ?

At a certain point you.should either decide to finish them or sell them on... I sold my mk3 vr6 when I came to the UK as I couldn't get it on the ferry it was to low and refused to put it on airbags... plus compared to the Netherlands.. the UK is pothole country

Reactions: Wagon Wheels
Just noticed Northpole, steering wheel on left and what looks like a foreign plate , dutch ?
Jup I'm Dutch, just live here now... and yes I still speak Dutch... but it's not my first language I speak and write 3 fluently ;)

Last edited:
Jup I'm Dutch, just live here now... and yes I still speak Dutch... bit it's not my first language I speak and write 3 fluently ;)
Lived abroad for a large part of my life where the dutch were very common and have many dutch friends and every single one speaks better english than us lot :) puts us to shame really . Parents lived in den hague for a while and although we tried speaking dutch it was pointless ..lol.

Lived abroad for a large part of my life where the dutch were very common and have many dutch friends and every single one speaks better english than us lot :) puts us to shame really . Parents lived in den hague for a while and although we tried speaking dutch it was pointless ..lol.
Lol yeah the Dutch will just switch and speak English... it is the way they are... that said I don't regret leaving though... I've been here long enough to appreciate the UK with all it's flaws... they are certainly less hidden than in a ton of other countries... and believe me I lived and worked in a few countries... all over the globe (read different continents). But enough about me..

I really like your car collection, good selection that can be great if all get hit with sick upgrades ;) Especially that capri... chuck a Hellcat engine in it lol

God no !!! She is as big a petrol head as me . Tucked up in a lock up is a 555 and a mk2 capri . One of these days we will get around to finishing them ! Maybe :)

Don't get me started on Mk II Capris........ :welcoming: Luv em & spent a lot of time & money as a teenager on them....... Here ye go:
ASA486M Transformed
:friendly wink:

Last edited:
Ford Consul/Zephyr/Zodiac 1960's i.e., my first company car, the Zephyr - but not this one...

1954 ford zodiac 64ad6873352d4

Last edited:
sort of again but not really close enough....whitewall tyres could be a red herring..lol