A3 edition 1 standard spec

nutter2

Reaction score
Hi all
Can you help me out
what does the specification look like on the 8y edition 1 ?
what id like the cat to have is ambient lights front and rear : are these fitted to edition 1 ? Or can they be fitted if so what kits have people bought ?
Blind spot alert ? Can't see this ever mentioned?
Traffic sign recognition?
Thanks

Edition 1 spec does include front and rear extended ambient lighting, but you will find that there are cars out there not fitted with it due to chip shortages when they were built. Blind spot alert isn’t standard and only comes with the tech pack. Traffic sign recognition is a function on demand option that you pay for via the MyAudi app

Reactions: nutter2
Any ideas if the 23 plates are fitted or or is it hit and miss

Any ideas if the 23 plates are fitted or or is it hit and miss
My 23 plate has it fitted, from what I’ve seen most are last year or year before that have it missing, but saying that I just looked on auto trader and a 23 plate listed has it missing

Thanks, I been to audi dealer to day and they said all edition 1 have it .
Then jumped in an edition 1 on the forecourt and it didn't have it lol

Reactions: vatdim
What does the traffic sign recognition do? Just shows you the speed limit on the dash? Is that it?

Yes, on my Golf it was linked to the Adaptive cruise so would automatically change to correct speed limit and sloe and speed up of.you wanted it to automatically. Not sure if that's a thing on the a3?

You can set it to flash the icon at a selected speed above the limit. This can be useful if you aren't sure what the speed limit is. However, it does, frequently, make mistakes.

Yes, on my Golf it was linked to the Adaptive cruise so would automatically change to correct speed limit and sloe and speed up of.you wanted it to automatically. Not sure if that's a thing on the a3?
It behaves the same way on the A3: if adaptive cruise is on, the car automatically adjusts its speed when it sees a road-sign: both fixed signs and adaptive gantry signs on motorways. As others have mentioned, it also displays the last speed road sign that it has seen on the dashboard.