A3 TFSI E charging options help

Dbrett25

Reaction score
Hoping for some advice, my estimated build week is fast approaching (week 44 October) and I’ve been thinking of charging options.

I live in a terraced house with no off-road parking. I was thinking of just fitting an outdoor 3 pin plug in the front of the house (as no point paying and getting a charging hub fitted) but I’m concerned about the cable across the pavement. Has anybody done this and just got a cable cover like in the pic? If so, any complaints or issues?

I’ll be in the office at work Tuesday Wednesdays so can use the chargers there then but we are only allocated 3 hours per car per day and it’s 100 mile round trip anyway

Any advice is much appreciated!
IMG 0289

Hoping for some advice, my estimated build week is fast approaching (week 44 October) and I’ve been thinking of charging options.

I live in a terraced house with no off-road parking. I was thinking of just fitting an outdoor 3 pin plug in the front of the house (as no point paying and getting a charging hub fitted) but I’m concerned about the cable across the pavement. Has anybody done this and just got a cable cover like in the pic? If so, any complaints or issues?

I’ll be in the office at work Tuesday Wednesdays so can use the chargers there then but we are only allocated 3 hours per car per day and it’s 100 mile round trip anyway

Any advice is much appreciated!View attachment 269965
Everyone in my area uses the cable protectors / guides you have linked above. ****** things are all over the place! Seem to do the job but still a potential trip hazard to anyone not paying attention. Saying that, there have been no locals moaning about broken teeth or noses etc on the related social media groups.

Everyone in my area uses the cable protectors / guides you have linked above. ****** things are all over the place! Seem to do the job but still a potential trip hazard to anyone not paying attention. Saying that, there have been no locals moaning about broken teeth or noses etc on the related social media groups.
That seems like a positive, my streets pretty quiet, But concerned about the backlash from the council etc. seems pointless me using public chargers too because it will take around 4 hours to fully charge and most local have an overstay fee of £10 if your there longer than 90 mins

That seems like a positive, my streets pretty quiet, But concerned about the backlash from the council etc. seems pointless me using public chargers too because it will take around 4 hours to fully charge and most local have an overstay fee of £10 if your there longer than 90 mins
I wouldn’t worry to be honest. Just do everything you can to make sure you don’t cause a trip hazard, if mainly to make sure no damage is caused to your vehicle etc :)

Reactions: Dbrett25