Too many oil related warnings

saxonblue

Reaction score
So, after having a vauxhall Astra GTC, for four years, I decided to sell up, I will come back to the 4ringed circus with a 2011 A4 dynamik, love the car, but not the warnings it’s randomly throwing up,
First, it’s the low oil pressure one, you know, the dreaded little red oil can, no funny noises from the car, and it gos back out all on its own,
It only happens when the car it at low speeds, or idling, replaces the brown sensor, the new one did exactly the same thing, only it seemed to be a little more frequent, so put the old one back it to see if any changes,
Lol there wasn’t, did a look at the oil level with the mmi, everything was ok, got my vcds working again on my old clockwork laptop lol, did a quick scan, and sure enough to fault code showed up, one was a fault with the Aircon, the other oil pressure, sensor switch, cleared it off, and her presto. All was okay, but then the next time I started the car, I got a warning to say, reduce the oil level, bought myself a dipstick and checked the oil manually, and yes, it does look full, but not actually overfull, no, I am getting the same messages, and also the oil pressure Low message like before, still sounds fine, no smoke, no loss of power, and same thing with the warning light going out after a few seconds,
I have booked it in for a new oil pump anyway just to be sure, but this has got me baffled,
Oh, just to add a little bit more info, I’ve only had the car about 4-5 weeks, and it’s supposedly had a full engine rebuild at 115,700 miles, the car has only done 119,200 at present, I have yet to get the service history and paperwork or at least some of it posted out to me from the dealer, I got it from, although he has shown me the receipt for the engine work they had done, (I have a photo of it on my phone)
Will having a new oil pump fitted to solve this issue, as I said I’m having it done anyway for my own peace of mind, but has anybody else ever come across this?