Rear wiper wont stop

Ant V

Reaction score
Hi

Ther rear wiper on my Audi A3 refusing to stop. I found a few threads that all said its more than likely that water has got into somewhere that it shouldn't be so the motor needs replacing. After finally receiving and installing a new motor the issue continues.

Anyone else had the same issue and found a solution?

Many thanks
Ant

No idea sorry, but will keep an eye on this one as my Mrs A3 has an intermittent odd rear wiper that decides to seemingly activate on it's own & has dropped down the boot glass a bit.

I suspect water in the motor housing, the pipework decays and fills the module inside the housing every time you use the wash wipe, it oxidises the circuit board and makes the operation sporadic. I managed to remove the motor assembly and strip it and clean the circuit board inside with some ipa and a stiff makeup brush, re assembled it and worked a treat. you can buy a whole new motor assembly for not a lot of pennies and just fit that but either repair the split pipe or blank it off fully. I had screen wash under my spare wheel when it started leaking which is a bit of a telltale that the pipes gone bad. Failing that i'd try cleaning the contacts in the switch in the wiper stalk with some electrical contact cleaner, its possible the contacts have 'welded' together.

Reactions: norris_309
Did you replace just the motor or all the whole motor assembly?
I had the same issue and as soon as I changed the whole assembly, the issue was resolved!

You can remove the fuse from the fusebox to stop the motor until your next move!

For what it's worth my rear wiper doesn't work at all right now, so maybe we could get together and swap every couple of weeks? :friendly wink: