Broken Drivers Door Wiring Loom

coupa

Reaction score
Just found multiple wires on the driver side door loom snapped off, hence why only one of my wing mirrors are working and getting canbus errors.
I'd rather replace the thing than solder it so I don't have issues in the future, and had a look into the Repair kit, and don't fancy that either.

That just leaves replacing the whole door loom, taking door card off etc, would that be much work?

Cheers

I've had mine repaired once already over a year ago. I might still have an issue as if it rains very hard I get some random dash warning lights like last time. Seems to be an issue for older cars.

Certainly not something I could attempt myself.

I've had mine repaired once already over a year ago. I might still have an issue as if it rains very hard I get some random dash warning lights like last time. Seems to be an issue for older cars.

Certainly not something I could attempt myself.
I've gone ahead and just repaired the loom myself, wasn't too hard as first feared. It cleared majority of the codes, but unfortunately didn't resolve the drivers side wing mirror. Looks like an expensive repair. ;(

The first time mine failed it knocked out all electrics to the door. I think the garage did some kind of quick repair which is just about holding. As you say, can end up being an expensive repair - good luck!

Soldering it is easy I've done it also replacing it is better but the loom is expensive and you are better of soldering it.