MY23

abmat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered one?

Thinking of going for a 45 TFSI with tech pro pack.

Current car has just had its first service and over the last few months the dealer have been pressing quite hard to get me to change. I don’t want to buy a stock car which is what they want. Car has to be right, not a compromise.

6 month wait time currently and the new A6 is going to be released Q1 of next year with first deliveries on November. Unfortunately only in electric form first!

Has anyone ordered one?

Thinking of going for a 45 TFSI with tech pro pack.

Current car has just had its first service and over the last few months the dealer have been pressing quite hard to get me to change. I don’t want to buy a stock car which is what they want. Car has to be right, not a compromise.

6 month wait time currently and the new A6 is going to be released Q1 of next year with first deliveries on November. Unfortunately only in electric form first!
I think the dealer may be confusing the Q6 eTron with the A6 replacement, which will actually be branded A7 to reflect the new Audi naming policy of odd numbers being ICE or Hybrid, even numbers full electric, Don't think we will see an A7 announced until the end of 2024 at the earliest and not shipping until 2025.

Nope. Hybrid has been discontinued.

Q6 will be released shortly after A6

The C8 is only just coming up to a facelift. Surely there won’t be a brand new model next year?

2024 (September 2023-) will be the last facelift of the C8 platform and likely the last of combustion engines (diesels).

Watch the resale value go up in 5 years time for the A6 Avant.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/slideshow/every-new-car-worth-waiting-coming-2024-and-beyond#21

This article on Autocar would suggest that Audi will be announcing the A6 eTron ev later this year, so presume that is what the dealer was talking about. Potentially at that time the A6 will be rebranded the A7 to conform with the new naming policy. It is fairly certain that the current A6 (or what ever they choose to call it) will continue for several more years. It may undergo a significant face lift in a year or 2 to prolong its life until Audi switches to fully electric in around 2030. In reality the C7 was really just a major facelift of the C6 rather than a whole new platform, likewise the relationship between C4 and C5, so commonality between c8 and if it happens C9 would not be without precedent and Audi certainly are not investing in a new ICE based platform at this time.

When i was talking with my pal who works for VW UK head office in MK. I believe the groups target objective were to completely phase out diesels on/before 2024.

I believe the issues was monitoring the market as the larger engine models V6 Tdi 50 as they slowly phased these out offering TFSi 45 or full hybrids models (TFsi 55) they were worried about the economical aspect with mileage vs fuel consumption being slightly worse ensuring they could continue with meeting their desired target aiming to knock out the TDi 50 engine platform model entirely followed by the TDi 40.

I think its already been mentioned but Audi will adopt the 50, 40, 30 models for the eTron, whilst sticking with the 35, 45, 55 for the hybrids which is going to be the foreseeable line up until 2030.

The RS6 is rumoured to be a v6 petrol hybrid with speculative performance figures around 750hp. And the S6 is supposedly going to be dropped entirely.

Just a thought; shouldn’t this thread be entitled MY24? Because I think my April 2023 built car is MY23 and the configurator since around August has been for the new model year; I couldn’t have got my spec if I placed the order now.

2024 (September 2023-) will be the last facelift of the C8 platform and likely the last of combustion engines (diesels).

Watch the resale value go up in 5 years time for the A6 Avant.
Having only recently announced a fairly comprehensive spec update for the current car I very much doubt Audi will then announce a facelift for the car so soon. Sometime next year is more likely, possibly accompanied by the change to calling it an A7 with saloon, Avant and Sportback versions as is happening with A4/A5 all becoming A5

Just a thought; shouldn’t this thread be entitled MY24? Because I think my April 2023 built car is MY23 and the configurator since around August has been for the new model year; I couldn’t have got my spec if I placed the order now.
Agree with you, although not sure if your car is a MY23 or MY24. Historically Audi changed model year in May each year (week 20 of production) but in recent years that seems to have gone out the window. I would think the recent spec changes, adding things like matrix lights across all versions etc marks the switch MY24, but that switch would seem to be at a later week than Wk20

Having only recently announced a fairly comprehensive spec update for the current car I very much doubt Audi will then announce a facelift for the car so soon. Sometime next year is more likely, possibly accompanied by the change to calling it an A7 with saloon, Avant and Sportback versions as is happening with A4/A5 all becoming A5
September 2023-2026 will be the last of the C8 platform and is the final soft-facelift im referring to. There are no significant changes other than some
cosmetics including reconfiguring existing options/packs into simplified tech and tech plus. Which VW adopted and more or less stuck with on all their models since Bluemotion days.

The C8 platform has had a total of 3 soft facelifts since 2018. It also has had a total of 3 reconfigurations to specification/hardware since 2018 in the UK market.

Covid/supply shortages played a significant part in this process amongst other manufacturers reluctant to proceed with newer models given new car sales slumped.

The C8 platform is long over due it’s change over given that typically car manufacturers run with 4-5 years with a facelift in-between unless new car markets change drastically. I’d expect to see the C9/ A7- entering production late 2026.

What people are confusing is the A6 e-tron is not part of the C8 platform, e-tron like Cupra to Seat is its own lineup and range.