Paintwork Trouble

fafa

Reaction score
I've notice the paintwork bubbling just under the trim on my rear doors. I spoke to SMART repair guy and he said that he could work on it but it would just come back and I should wait until I want to sell the car and do it then.. I'd rather get it sorted some how and was suggested by someone else to speak to an Audi Dealer but they want £99 just to inspect it. Hopefully some has a better suggestion before I go down that route. Attached some photos, they look barely anything but they are really bugging me and I know they'll get worse...

Attachments

• IMG_2821 Large.jpeg
    IMG_2821 Large.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2822 Large.jpeg
    IMG_2822 Large.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 69
Pointless taking it to Audi, unless car has full service history. Car has 12 year anti-perforation warranty, but getting them to accept responsibility is the main challenge. They will check the paint thickness, if it differs from specification, the process stops.

I’ve successfully claimed against Skoda on a 2010 Fabia on rust on the tailgate seams. They ended up replacing the entire tailgate, so never say never. I wasn’t charged anything for them to inspect.

On the picture, has the brightwork been wrapped? It’s an unusual location. A body shop will probably blend into adjoining panels given metallics are notorious to colour match.