temperature gauge and coolant loss

aj_audi

Reaction score
Hi, ive been running in to many problems with my A3 2.0 tdi bkd, all started when there was lots of white smoke coming from exhaust and i was topping up the coolant everyday. mechanic was certain it was the egr cooler so got that replaced and 2 days later was back to the same problem so i left the car with mechanic for about 5 weeks while i was on holiday and i come back to the news that it was the head gasket so got that fixed and was hoping that would be the end of it. it was running well the first week then it started overheating when id set off on a trip the gauge would go up and i discovered that if i put the foot down it would just go back down to 90 within 30 seconds which is very odd so i took it to a different mechanic this time as i believe the other one caused gasket to go. this mechanic discovered that the hose connected to the coolant reservoir was clogged so got it cleaned out and the car was running fine again for another few days. now it is overheating when im going at a steady 80-120kmh but when i step on it it goes back to 90 again but now the coolant is leaking and i noticed mid journey when i checked the coolant that it was leaking from the bottom of the reservoir so im very lost at the moment as to whats going on if anyone can shed a light would really appreciate it :)