Weird knocking noise

paroni_

Reaction score
Hello, I have Audi S3 8L 2001 and I have this problem. When I start to move on the 1st gear there is this weird knocking noise coming from the under the car.
I'm not sure if its coming from the straight below or little bit from the passenger side. Only appears when I'm turning and releasing the clutch at the same time or starting to move.

Check dogbone mount, which is located off the front subframe to gearbox. Might be weak. Otherwise, getting the car to a mot station on a shake ramp jobber and see what’s moving.

Check dogbone mount, which is located off the front subframe to gearbox. Might be weak. Otherwise, getting the car to a mot station on a shake ramp jobber and see what’s moving.
Will check the mount

If it is more of a clunk, when slowly reversing off a drive or similar.. coming from the front, then sub frame bolts or bushes.. they are stretch bolts so need replacing if they've been removed to lower the subframe to remove the gearbox and transfer box together..

If you have a 3 inch downpipe and didn't upgrade the dog bone mount bush the downpipe bashes the tunnel..