Traffic sign recognition using sat-nav?

ian.f

Reaction score
Hi Forum,
Quick one; has anyone noticed their traffic sign recognition system seems to use the speed limit according to the sat-nav?

Since the 20mph changes have come into effect in Wales, when I enter one of the new 20mph zones my traffic sign system displays 20mph correctly. But after about 100/150yds, it switches back to 30mph.
I thought the first few times that I was driving past 30mph signs and just not seeing them.
But I’ve tested this on a zone where I know there are no signs and it’s 20mph, then after 100/150yds, back to 30mph.

I can’t be sure but I think it happens with other limits too, but have no evidence on that yet.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour?!

Almost the opposite for me, esp on motorways when it will see a reduced limit sign but then not return to the national speed limit when the reduced sign is no longer displayed.
im lucky enough not to have encountered any of the new 20mph zones yet though!

Almost the opposite for me, esp on motorways when it will see a reduced limit sign but then not return to the national speed limit when the reduced sign is no longer displayed.
im lucky enough not to have encountered any of the new 20mph zones yet though!
Mines the same as this

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Hi Forum,
Quick one; has anyone noticed their traffic sign recognition system seems to use the speed limit according to the sat-nav?

Since the 20mph changes have come into effect in Wales, when I enter one of the new 20mph zones my traffic sign system displays 20mph correctly. But after about 100/150yds, it switches back to 30mph.
I thought the first few times that I was driving past 30mph signs and just not seeing them.
But I’ve tested this on a zone where I know there are no signs and it’s 20mph, then after 100/150yds, back to 30mph.

I can’t be sure but I think it happens with other limits too, but have no evidence on that yet.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour?!
Nobody having this issue? Strange it’s just me!! But then typical of my luck with my A4