Returning to rs3 pls help

danray1704

Reaction score
Had a preface 8v rs3, currently in an m4 comp but returning, I’m looking at a late 2018-2020 model, i know there’s two different engines versions in these years,

Question is I’m looking sub 50k miles is there anything major to look for and any draw backs to buying on day 40-45k miles?

Also car probs go stage 2 am I right in thinking standard the 2019 onwards are a lot quieter ?
Seen this anyone felt with this company before I have heard of them but no experience

Late 2018, around September, onwards will have a gpf which will make the exhaust a lot quieter.

Still with our June 2011 Build 8P RS3 - one of the first UK 500, with carbon fibre front wings, etc; what can I say... :racer:

am I right in thinking standard the 2019 onwards are a lot quieter ?

Although the DNWA will go to stage 2 it will be harder to get the same gains as a DAZA, (look at the REVO figures as a benchmark) Sound is not there and having another filter to contend with is never ideal.

There was a gap in production in 2018 during the summer, DAZA are around until early 2018, as above anything after summer 2018 will have an OPF.

is there anything major to look for and any draw backs to buying on day 40-45k miles?
Plenty :friendly wink:

Go armed with VCDS or someone that has it. Check launches and gearbox mileage to see if it matches the dash. I would check if it has been mapped before but if you are going to map it not so much of a problem but a cheap map can obviously do harm.

I would want to see all the oil changes as these engines can suffer. I would also like to see a proper Haldex service and fluids changed in front and back diffs.