Looking for 10mm spacers

Luca79

Reaction score
I’m struggling to find good quality 10mm spacers for the new RS3.
12.5 and 15 are quite common, but where can I find 10’s?

Thank you for your suggestions

You may find that they aren't available because of the way that the spacers need to be packaged in terms of the hub that it's sitting on and enough of that being available for the wheel to get onto as well. Not saying that's the case but I've seen it before. Why are you specifically looking for 10mm versions if you don't mind me asking? The 12.5 and 15 mm versions have been pretty widely used and tested now.

You may find that they aren't available because of the way that the spacers need to be packaged in terms of the hub that it's sitting on and enough of that being available for the wheel to get onto as well. Not saying that's the case but I've seen it before. Why are you specifically looking for 10mm versions if you don't mind me asking? The 12.5 and 15 mm versions have been pretty widely used and tested now.
Thank you, I see your point.
I’m specifically looking for 10mm because I only want to give a slight touch to the rear axle.
The front looks ok to me as it is, and I’m not planning on lowering the car.

Reactions: Daggerit
Thank you, I see your point.
I’m specifically looking for 10mm because I only want to give a slight touch to the rear axle.
The front looks ok to me as it is, and I’m not planning on lowering the car.
Fair enough. Just on a quick Google and looks like you might be able to get them here:

I'm pretty sure that's out PCD and bore diameter but double check before ordering anything.

Reactions: Daggerit

Eibach do 10mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmm ok, I was specifically looking for the rear.
H&R code 2055573A seems to be ok for the rear, as recommendation is:
- Only suitable for cars with a max. wheel hub length of 15 mm
- Only suitable for wheels with an inner bavel of minimum 6x45°

The only 'issue' with that set is, if I recall correctly, that the face of the spacer is slightly smaller than the face of the hub on the S3 8Y if that makes sense. They'd still work though.

Damian @ DPM Performance

My only suggestion is, If you insist on spacers at least go thick enough so you can use hubcentric ones.

You have an RS3, not exactly a car to take chances with

Reactions: 45bvtc
My only suggestion is, If you insist on spacers at least go thick enough so you can use hubcentric ones.

You have an RS3, not exactly a car to take chances with

There was just yesterday a post by an 8V owner regarding spacers on Fudbook
He’d put them on the car and was complaining about vibration at speed, which as I’ve experienced is usually a wheel balance that’s amplified by pushing the wheel further out from the hub.
However he was certain it was something else on the car even though the vibration wasn’t previously there.

I do wonder at the wisdom of ‘playing’ with spacers in that they are effectively pushing a unsprung rotating mass further away from its designed position on the car.

Reactions: flybynite
I do wonder at the wisdom of ‘playing’ with spacers in that they are effectively pushing a unsprung rotating mass further away from its designed position on the car.

Could be but my money would be on one too many meeting faces to get crap on, damaged or out of square etc etc. I would love to check the final runout on the wheel rim with a dial gauge.

I have no real objection to spacers if done right (Porsche put them on couple of cars OEM) but my preference has always been to get the wheel with the correct offset to do what I want.

My issue with spacers is the added shear force on the bolts at the hub face and that tends to be the point of failure. Helped by hubcentric spacers if one stud fails (or thin enough to retain some lip) Not helped by the questionable quality of the extended bolts supplied (even by some of the better manufacturers)

Reactions: 8YARWY
Could be but my money would be on one too many meeting faces to get crap on, damaged or out of square etc etc. I would love to check the final runout on the wheel rim with a dial gauge.

I have no real objection to spacers if done right (Porsche put them on couple of cars OEM) but my preference has always been to get the wheel with the correct offset to do what I want.

My issue with spacers is the added shear force on the bolts at the hub face and that tends to be the point of failure. Helped by hubcentric spacers if one stud fails (or thin enough to retain some lip) Not helped by the questionable quality of the extended bolts supplied (even by some of the better manufacturers)

Could well be, similar to badly fitted brake discs lol.

There was just yesterday a post by an 8V owner regarding spacers on Fudbook
He’d put them on the car and was complaining about vibration at speed, which as I’ve experienced is usually a wheel balance that’s amplified by pushing the wheel further out from the hub.
However he was certain it was something else on the car even though the vibration wasn’t previously there.

Mine appears to have developed a vibration at motorway speeds. Shakes the car rather than just the steering wheel so I feel like it's something more significant than just something to do with my spacers, especially as it comes and goes like something is harmonizing rather than it just being there all the time like a bent or mis-mounted wheel or something. I've had my spacers on since day one and this has only just appeared recently after around 9k miles, so it's booked in to be looked at.

Shakes the car rather than just the steering wheel so I feel like it's something more significant than just something to do with my spacers, especially as it comes and goes like something is harmonizing rather than it just being there all the time like a bent or mis-mounted wheel or something.

Problems on the rear don't always show through the steering. Have you checked the torque on the wheel bolts? Alloy wheel spacers can expand and contract with the heat cycles loosening the studs.

When you add spacers you are adding a lot of material between the wheel and hub face on top of just the thickness of the disc, doubling or sometimes tripling the possible expansion.

Be curious what they find.

Problems on the rear don't always show through the steering. Have you checked the torque on the wheel bolts? Alloy wheel spacers can expand and contract with the heat cycles loosening the studs.

When you add spacers you are adding a lot of material between the wheel and hub face on top of just the thickness of the disc, doubling or sometimes tripling the possible expansion.

Be curious what they find.
Yeah I've actually taken them off completely, cleaned up the hubs and tested the car without them fitted just to eliminate them as the issue before I called Audi. I'll also be taking them off before it goes in so they don't try to use that as an excuse to not really investigate.

Before refitting I made sure that the faces were cleaned up to get the most flush fit possible, not that they needed much because the anodizing had kept them fresh. Lubed up the hub lips before doing them up and made sure I torqued them to spec. I haven't checked them in a couple weeks but they've been fine with retaining the preload/torque the times I've checked on them before thankfully.

Reactions: flybynite