Anyone else experiencing Sound Setting issues since new IOS update [Carplay]

audi8y2021

Reaction score
Hello all, I recently updated to the latest iOS and have noticed that I can no longer set the volume for my notifications and music separately. Previously, when I received a notification from Apple Maps, I could adjust the volume of that notification up or down, and after a short period, the volume wheel would revert to controlling the music volume. However, this is no longer the case. Now, I can only adjust the music volume until I turn off the car. Upon restarting it, the volume control is sometimes exclusive to either the music or notifications.

I have observed that while adjusting the volume, a small settings icon appears next to the volume display in the MMI, but I am unable to click on it, whether the car is stationary, with the engine off, or merely in contact mode.

I have scheduled a visit to the dealer this coming Monday to address this issue, but thought to reach out here in case anyone else has experienced a similar problem.

I've noticed this as well - the settings (gear) icon being greyed out.

To get it back, go into sound settings from the main settings menu - it then shows up again and is functional. Looks like a bug to me.

Be interested to hear what the Dealer says on this, as it's driving me slightly mad !

(Wonder if it's an IOS 17 issue?)