Newbie question on wash foam...

thegoal007

Another S3 owner....
Reaction score
fairly simple question, but if i used the Meguiars - hyper wash (or similar) , followed by a jet wash of pure clear water would I still need to use a sponge/bucket to go over the car?

Sorry, just read previous posts and got my answer!
Really?....surely simply jet spray the car once, give it a few minute to loosen stuff and jet wash again. isnt that the same! before you use a bucket and sponge

fairly simple question, but if i used the Meguiars - hyper wash (or similar) , followed by a jet wash of pure clear water would I still need to use a sponge/bucket to go over the car?

Sorry, just read previous posts and got my answer!
Really?....surely simply jet spray the car once, give it a few minute to loosen stuff and jet wash again. isnt that the same! before you use a bucket and sponge
Using the snow foam and jet washing after will get a lot of it off but not all so you should still go over it with a handwash before drying or waxing. The 2 bucket method is the best way to go when doing a handwash.

Using the snow foam and jet washing after will get a lot of it off but not all so you should still go over it with a handwash before drying or waxing. The 2 bucket method is the best way to go when doing a handwash.
I thought so.....and so therefore are still bits on the car you could end up scratching and causing swirls on the car!

Two bucket method is a bit old school if you use modern wash technologies like rinseless wash.

Yes many do, but many are not using rinseless wash either so that would make sense.

It's just a more modern way of washing, but not everyone is going to adopt it. Many stick with what they know.