8Y Facelift S3

GE90

Reaction score
Hi All

Would anyone know when the facelift might be available? I’ve read by the end of the year, but any info would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi All

Would anyone know when the facelift might be available? I’ve read by the end of the year, but any info would be appreciated.

Cheers.
On a German forum a guy asked a dealer they said mid to late 1st quarter of 2024. There was a few pictures of the new bumpers and grill.

Are there any recent pics somewhere? The ones I've seen are from spring.

@Mr Freeze I take it you have been checking all the videos and magazine reviews. Sounds like good upgrade in power along with the rear diff from RS3 & Golf R. Looks like they are also going to offer Akrapovic exhaust as well for the S3.

i had a look back to 2020 for some timings. So Audi did same trick with S3, they previewed a prototype in Feb 2020 and then it was released without camo on 11 Aug 2020 ( so 6months ) of course what we don’t know is if it was always intended to be 6months or if the events of 2020 pushed it back. I suspect it will be 6months as VW Golf R full unveil is the summer…..then Audi can do S3………then we have RS3

IMO this facelifted version is going to be a great choice for everyone who likes to drive a bit more aggressively from time to time and / or doesn't mind waiting a few months or paying a bit of a premium on top for having the newest and greatest. If you are looking for a competent all-rounder and want to have your car now, the current S3 is pretty much dead on target. Plus, it won't come at such a premium.

@Mr Freeze I take it you have been checking all the videos and magazine reviews. Sounds like good upgrade in power along with the rear diff from RS3 & Golf R. Looks like they are also going to offer Akrapovic exhaust as well for the S3.

i had a look back to 2020 for some timings. So Audi did same trick with S3, they previewed a prototype in Feb 2020 and then it was released without camo on 11 Aug 2020 ( so 6months ) of course what we don’t know is if it was always intended to be 6months or if the events of 2020 pushed it back. I suspect it will be 6months as VW Golf R full unveil is the summer…..then Audi can do S3………then we have RS3
Yes I've been checking out all the video's and reviews . I'am pretty happy with the bump in power and very happy it will get the Magna diff from the current RS3 . Hopefully its comes with a good range of colours and wheels to go with it . Are you interested in getting one ?

Reactions: AndyVWR
Hopefully its comes with a good range of colours and wheels to go with it .

ha ha, my thoughts exactly. Hoping for return of a nice blue such as sepang or ultra blue. A new range of wheels would be good as well. Not very keen with current S3 wheels.

A S3 would certainly be on my list but just worried cost might be stratospheric for spec I’d want with current Audi range format. Anyway I won £13 on Thunderball, so I’ll add it to the new car fund. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Mr Freeze
ha ha, my thoughts exactly. Hoping for return of a nice blue such as sepang or ultra blue. A new range of wheels would be good as well. Not very keen with current S3 wheels.

A S3 would certainly be on my list but just worried cost might be stratospheric for spec I’d want with current Audi range format. Anyway I won £13 on Thunderball, so I’ll add it to the new car fund. :tearsofjoy:
I only won £3 so going to be a good year behind you then :grinning:

Will the S3 facelift be revealed later than a basic A3? Just wondering the release should be sometime soon since Golf was unveiled few weeks ago and Octavia today. Leon and A3 still under camouflages.

I'am also worried the pricing will be stupidly high along with how high Audi's APR's are at the moment it will price a lot of people out of getting one .

I keep trying on the Euro millions but never win more than £10 :sadlike:

Will the S3 facelift be revealed later than a basic A3? Just wondering the release should be sometime soon since Golf was unveiled few weeks ago and Octavia today. Leon and A3 still under camouflages.
I think it might be revealed after the normal A3. But as it’s a facelift it might appear quicker than in 2020 when S3 appeared in August, after normal A3 appeared in March or April 2020.

The Golf R summer reveal might be at Goodwood Festival of Speed (just my thoughts).

I think the Cupra Leon will be shown at a show in Barcelona in late April or early May

one thing that is good, following the autotrader video with Rory, it looks like the infotainment screen will still be integrated into dashboard rather than stuck on screen.

Reactions: vatdim
The power is up on the facelift car but the 0-60 time stays at 4.8 which to me isn't a step forward .
My 2019 S3 as a 0-60 time of 4.7 and the 17/18 pre GPF cars hit 60 in 4.6 .
I know won't be a massive deal to some but the price this car will be I thought the times would
of been better .

audi are quoting 4.7 for 0-100kmh 62mph. To be honest probably have to wait for full unveil. But perhaps just being conservative and it’s really 4.5/4.6

Reactions: Mr Freeze
audi are quoting 4.7 for 0-100kmh 62mph. To be honest probably have to wait for full unveil. But perhaps just being conservative and it’s really 4.5/4.6
Yeah I suppose its best to wait for the full unveil before I make a judgement on it

Does the current 8y S3 actually have a slower 0-60 (4.8) than the 8v (4.6) or is it the same but Audi are just fiddling with the figures on the 8y?

Looks like the interior is same as the current car however the vents look slightly different.

This is from the Autotrader video.

View: https://youtu.be/ewuPLmXF_Ts?si=cFOR3XlTIK2gHzQW

IMG 5141

Reactions: AndyVWR and AdamInKent
Also seems the HVAC and the lower control panels with buttons are unchanged. That's definitely a good thing. The dash design makes it hard to change the screen from integrated to tack-on model without messing around much more, which also is good. In Golf and Octavia they made the stick-out screens bigger, and I even find the A4 screen a bit distracting, let alone those even bigger ones. I just hope the design seen in Q6 prototype wouldn't be creeping down the lineup, but one can always hope...

It’s good that there are hardly any changes as mean any black edition will hold its value lol