Correct wiring for an Audi Symphony 2 (2006).

A19quattro

Reaction score
I have a spare one of these and thought it would be an iseal garag stereo. It has Cassette player, 6 disc autochanger and radio. I had one ion my old A3 so know the unit well and it comes with a sticker on top telling you how to wire it, what could possibly go wrong. Well I had a go today and I am well out of my depth, I downloaded another woring diagram but it seems to be for , maybe an older unit, so ended up sticking to the one on the casing. I have wired other stereos, robably older ones right enough and thye have all been fine, I have the main power cables and earths but not sure what I am missing and there are things like" Gala" and "K-Line" not even sure what they mean. Has anyone had any expereince of this, advice to pass on?

If anyone has a decent wiring diagram even that might help?
As no-one else has pitched in I'll give my amateur opinion. I think these stereos differ from traditional stereos in that they use the car's CAN BUS to send signals to the stereo to turn off and on, that's what CAN H[igh] and CAN L[ow] are.

I've attached an old doc showing the relationship between RNS-E and Symphony wiring connections that gives a bit more detail as to what each is for.

More traditional car stereos use CAN BUS converters that take the CAN BUS signals and provide +12V on the power on pin to the stereo as required.

Attachments

• RNStoSym2.pdf
    97.6 KB · Views: 54
Great stuff, Thanks very much, will have a closer look at the details in your file but it has to be better than what I have.
If anyone else has any nuggets of infor I would appreciate what you can pass on :)

Last edited: